1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

?TFT suggestions

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by stormjai, Dec 23, 2004.

1. stormjai

stormjai

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Thinking of getting new computer, Alienware - expensive but look good and seem well constructed for future upgrade.

I want a good TFT to go with it. For use with video editing and games - i know CRT are good for these, but want extra space. 17" would be adequate. Any suggestions for good quality, with fast reponse time/ good looking?
    Looked at Sony, but maybe not best?

Thanks for any useful advice

Jai

2. MarkE19

MarkE19

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,380
    I do a fair bit of video editing (but not many games) on my PC. I bought a dedicated editing PC and added the screens (yep 2 of them!) myself as I wanted TFTs that were not available from the PC seller. I did a fair bit of resurch and was advised that TFT were not too good for editing unless you spent big bucks on them.
    I ended up getting 2 Eizo 15" TFTs (can't remember model numbers as I'm at work ATM) from Dabs.com and have to say that 2 years+ later they are still excellent performing monitors even compared to current models from some makers, but at £900 for the pair they should be :eek: . You should now be able to get an Eizo 17" TFT for a lot less than the £450 I payed for my 15". A couple of friends who do digital photo editing on their PCs and will only use CRT have seen my screens and have said they would consider an Eizo when they need to replace their screens.

Mark.