1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TFT Monitor response time for video

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by SimonInd, Feb 28, 2005.

1. SimonInd

SimonInd
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I'm flogging my old rear-projection set as I'm using my projector more and more but I need to get a monitor for the HTPC so that I can listen to music without the projector on. It's be nice to use this as a TV occasionally so I was wondering what sort of response time I should get. I'm not going to be gaming so it's just for video - I'm thinking 19" but the times vary from 8ms to 25ms, I know 8 would be better but do I need it?

Any advice on this would be appreciated

Thanks

Simon

2. nealgs

nealgs

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I think for anything with fast motion you need at least 16ms or less to remove/reduce after images/ghosting affects.

Aria do a 19" TFT with a 16ms for under £200

regards
    Gary

3. SimonInd

SimonInd
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Aria do a 19" TFT with a 16ms for under £200

Is this any good or should I go for a better brand?

4. nealgs

nealgs

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If the quality is as good as the 17" versions of either the Aria one or the Digimate one they do - then it will be excellent.

Over the past 2-3 months i've purchased 7 of the 17" versions (2 for outselves and the rest for system's i've built). Not a single dead pixel on any of them, great color clarity etc.

I've not actually seen the 19" in the flesh or working, so my info if based on how the 17" models look and perform.

Gary