1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TFT monitor is playin up!

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by dts_boy, Sep 30, 2002.

1. dts_boy

dts_boy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +142
    i have just bought a 15" tft panel and i am using the dvi input. i cannot adjust the contrast and all other set-up controls so the display is way too bright etc...is this due to it being a dvi connection or is it due to something else? i have asked the shop i bought it from and they didn't even know it had a dvi connection, they tried to convince me i had to use the standard rgb as well to display images, has anyone got any clues? BTW its a samsung syncmaster 152t connected to a aiw radeon 8500dv.

2. paublo

paublo
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I have an Eizo 15" and only use the DVI connection. No problems with image adjustment.. The brightness levels are set very high b default. My unit supports RGBS, which I find more pleasing to the eye... probably something simple like the menu button is gubbed..

Get it replaced...

Cheers
    Paul.

3. Kramer

Kramer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have a Philips Brilliance 15.1 TFT.

Both DVI & VGA inputs.

I'm back to my old graphics card now, but as far as I can remember, when using the DVI input, the brightness & contrast controls weren't available.

It's maybe a trait of pure digital signal transmission.

You can obviously adjust both in you graphics driver interface.

But DVI was amazingly superior to VGA with my mon.

Can't wait (but I'll have 2) for me new card :(