1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TFT Dilemma

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by daveyboy, Oct 28, 2003.

1. daveyboy

daveyboy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Have just sold my old PC (monitor included) and just invested in a pretty decent base unit.....i now need to buy a decent TFT to accompany it.
    I don't think i'm that bothered about using a 15" TFT due to it being the same visible screen size as a 17" crt.
    although i would consider a 17" TFT if i am convinced to pay the extra cash.
    I don't watch DVD's on my PC but maybe the occasional trailer and i don't use it to play games so what can be reccommended??
    Preferably a black TFT would be ideal but at this stage i'm not that fussy.
    ta very much

2. m@rk

m@rk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +360
    Somebody recomended www.digiuk.com to me for TFT screens. They are the sole supplier of refurb Sony TFT screens but I think to call them refurbs is unfair as their site says

They did have some 19" screen for silly money last week (all gone for the moment) but it's worth keeping an eye on their site.

3. daveyboy

daveyboy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thanks networkguy.....will keep an eager eye on that site.

4. Kramer

Kramer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    15" I'd suggest the new Samsung 152x - looks nice & performance is excellent by all accounts.

17" - the Samsung 172x is now delayed till the new year AFAIK. Look at models from Hitachi, NEC & the new Iiyama.

I'd really suggest stretching to a 17" model.

:smoke: