Texture

Miranda

Prominent Member
Reaction score
My entry was always going to have something to do with nature in one way or another, at least a living thing. Couldn't resist this just about to open daffodil and the shimmering texture of the petals. I know this is probably not the most obvious entry this month, but it felt right to me.
This is pretty much as it was taken, apart from a crop. Touched the light up just a little bit. Used my 90mm macro.

EXIF

Patterns and Textures by Marika II, on Flickr

works for me - lovely shot :)

Subtle if a bit boring really. Not really sharp either.......... dark on my 3 screens too, checked by other eyes and they agree, its dark.

But........Just my opinion.

Sorry!

Icemanonline

Last edited:
Thanks guys! Sorry if it's too dark on your screens, Iceman. Seems fine on all of mine and Jonathan's :) But that's just due to us all having different eyes, aka, how we set our screens light levels etc.
I'm happy that you people see something nice in this, as I'm well aware it's not the most obviously 'in theme' entry.

I love the subtlety of it and the way it pops out against the black :) Gorgeous.

It's rare that I see a macro shot of a flower or plant that I like but this is one example. I think it's vital to not just nail the focus but, considering the narrow dof, to nail the focus in exactly the right spot, like you've done here.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom