1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Text Out of Focus

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by barrylorimer, Aug 19, 2002.

1. barrylorimer

barrylorimer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have recently bought a Philips 28PW6515 and contrary to previous threads I am having no problems with the geometry. However, any text displayed in the corners/sides of the screen, i.e, the clock during football matches appears very blurred and almost unreadable. I don't think this is a focus problem withthe set as the rest of the picture is fine. Does anyone know if the service menu has a fix and if it does, the code. Any other ideas would also be thankfully received.

Barry.

2. Zacabeb

Zacabeb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    This can not be fixed in the service menu but has to be done by having an engineer trim the pots on the focus/VG2 box inside the set. It might be possible they can adjust the drive and cutoff currents to improve focus a little bit, but it has to be done with proper training and measurement equipment.

The flat face tubes do have problems with corner focus, some are worse than others. They have to use dynamic focus in order to maintain it across the screen, but even this is not perfect. The picture may go from sharp to blurry very suddenly near the corners. It's a common problem.