1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Text ghost/shadow problem with on screen menus?

Discussion in 'TVs' started by rowbos, Oct 15, 2002.

1. rowbos

rowbos

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    I have a panasonic 28" w/s tv - use it with dvd and ntl digital cable.

I have noticed that on the ntl menu screens where there is white or yellow text mainly, there is a ghost on each side of the text - for example it looks a bit like (o) where there is an 'o'.

I have not noticed this on any dvd menus - though i will now try to look again - only on the ntl menus.

I have recently moved house and wonder if the tv has become missaligned somehow whilst moving? - only certain colours seem affected - one of the guns is missaligned?

Any ideas?

The tv is covered by a warranty still - but i wanted to check that it is the tv rather than anything else before i called them out?

Cheers,

Steve.

2. Squirrel God

Squirrel God

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Could be a convergence error, or could be "in spec" if it's been doing that since you bought it. However, the fact that it's only on NTL menus sounds like it's NOT the TV.

Are you using RGB and good quality cables for your NTL feed? If not, give that a bash as it may improve/eradicate the problem.