Question texecom gsm or voice dialler or app or ....

Discussion in 'Smart Home, Climate Control & Security Forum' started by rustyformula, Aug 6, 2018.

Tags:
  1. rustyformula

rustyformula
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all

going to get a telecom wireless ricochet system for my house. along with the smart com so I can control the alarm from an app from my phone.

as backup I was thinking that getting a phone call on alarm would be good. I could get the standard voice messenger for £20 odd that connects to a bt landline . Or I could get a separate gsm module with sim that calls me independent of my landline. Either a texecom one or another recommendation for a tell gsm dialler. Both over £100 , texecom about £30 more than the tell gsm.

Id rather spend a bit less but it strikes me if my landline fails then the internet will also fail and Id have neither alerting me on alarm. so maybe getting the gsm module a safer bet?

Any opinions?
    How often do landlines really go faulty? is the gsm any more or less reliable than a landline anyhow?

If it were a gsm module the texecom brand to match the alarm or a different slightly cheaper ( but recommended gsm tell module ?)

All on power saver.co.uk.

thanks in advance , opinions wanted.

2. rustyformula

rustyformula
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    anyone....

3. sparkle999

sparkle999

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Sorry no-one got back to you. Am in same boat, about to fit the same alarm system, same question. If you pick this up, I'd appreciate any feedback on how you found your system, any advice on the install, and what did you end up deciding to do about the SIM card module?