1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

texas chainsaw

Discussion in 'TV Show Forum' started by slippery seal, Nov 12, 2003.

1. slippery seal

slippery seal
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    after seeing the first film only a year ago, i didn't think that the film could be any worse or violent than its original. however, after seeing this film i realise that I could not be more wrong. if you're after violence, killing and shocking imagery- see it. if not, see it for the shock value. the story doesn't change much although there are many twists from the original. i won't spoil the end but its unexpected.

PS. I'm not the most squeamish of people, however the violence in this film made me cringe on more than one occasion

2. Rambo John J

Rambo John J

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +915
    the original is almost totally bloodless. I always considered it unfairly lumped in with the "video nasties" of the 80's.
    These days they tend to feel the need to beat you over the head with a baseball bat just to get the audiences attention.
    I found the remake to be far better than I'd feared it would be. In fact, I thought it came very close to being a "good" movie. It's nice that it kept that nasty gritty feel that worked so well in the original.

3. seany

seany
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I liked it. I don't think the girl was put through as much in the new version. The grandad was was far darker in the 1st movie. But i like the new version.

4. SILVERBACK

SILVERBACK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +73
    i must admit i quite liked this,im a fan of the oiginal and feared for the worse when i heard about a remake.with the current crop of so called horrors(cabin fever,freddyvsjason,wrong turn jasonX etc) this was the best release of the year IMHO infact my exact words where after watching cabin fever "im never going to watch another horror film again" i was talked into watching this and im glad i did.

it has enough of a plot change to make it fresh yet sticks to the basics of the original.one small thing though i thought the mask leatherface wore in the first was more realistic than he wears in this one apart from that i was quietly pleased with it.and yes it is gory but not in a laughable way in a slightly disturbing way lol.

also i was more than surprised to see lee ermey of full metal jacket an the frighteners films in this.l ermey puts in a reasonable performance and shows a intimadating side i had forget about with his last releases being comedys.