Texas Chainsaw Massacre UHD 4K

I've got it, but can't get the bloody 7.1 English Audio Track to work. Menu audio fine but as soon as you play it mutes?

I've got it, but can't get the bloody 7.1 English Audio Track to work. Menu audio fine but as soon as you play it mutes?
you have to play movie skip to chapter 2 after 10 seconds the audio kicks in then you skip back to start of movie and play normally

is that on the panasonic? i read about a few audio troubles with it, seems they are testing discs using the samsung player as the panasonic isn't available worldwide yet!
if it's on the samsung i have no idea, can you try selecting on the fly as it's playing? got something crazy like 13 separate audio tracks or something unprecedented

lasted firmware update on Panasonic player now corrects audio issues

What are peoples thoughts on this disc? I read it's not coded with HDR, can anyone confirm?

Well at least it's 10 bit colour i suppose.
Just found it really odd to see no hdr on the disc specs, as I'm sure that was part of the official ultra hd disc specifications.

May explain the limited Germany only release though.

It doesn't have to include hdr, I think the spec is if it has hdr it has to have hdr10 minimum, never just DV, if that ever happens.

The Imax collections due soon are not hdr either.

Ah right, fair point. Good to know. Well in that case i think this is the only feature film presentation out so far to include a non hdr video isn't it?

Well at least it's 10 bit colour i suppose.
Just found it really odd to see no hdr on the disc specs, as I'm sure that was part of the official ultra hd disc specifications.

May explain the limited Germany only release though.

Some Germans have complained,their hoping this doesn't become an trend in future German only releases.
Like they are going to release The Ghost and the Darkness on blu ray in Germany,but only with an dub German soundtrack,which is not going down to well,as well :(

It just wont be allow to have the ULTRAHD Premium label on it,as the spec for the official ultra hd have to inc HDR, :)

Yeah, I can see a few people thinking every uhd title will be in hdr but I guess that label is the thing to look for.

Edit - only my Fox titles have the logo on the box, but the rest have an HDR label of some sort.

Yeah, I can see a few people thinking every uhd title will be in hdr but I guess that label is the thing to look for.

Edit - only my Fox titles have the logo on the box, but the rest have an HDR label of some sort.

Most of mine have had some sort of sticker label on to say HDR,but all the ones i have got so far all have the ULTRAHD PREMIUM logo on them :)

Just ordered this, interested to see how the disc looks. I am expecting a ridiculous amount of grain, but there we go. May very well be another one for the classifieds, but my curiosity got the better of me :D

Just watched this. Great colour considering its not HDR and more clarity than i expected from 16mm source film. Pretty grainy, but oddly i found it less distracting than the grain in independence day lol decent atmos track too, chainsaw carving right over you're head! Haha

Didnt really enjoy the film that much though (only seen the 2000s remake previously) so i won't be keeping it. Anyone here want dibs on it before i list it in the classifieds?

9JhiIbN.jpg

Although I have the Germany release of Hooper's original which looks great, the Italian release apparently with all remakes (never seen any past the original although seen a few clips of Cannon's TCM2) is on sale for less than £40 delivered from Amazon Italy here

Obviously, just the original is on UHD the others are Blu-rays.

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
This is the same as my Germany release (I think there was 2):

baC5joH.jpg

That censor mark is not on the reverse cover. My copy came with 3 discs and one was just loose in a 2p paper sleeve obviously they couldn't source a 3 disc UHD case.

Transfer looks fantastic to me. Review here

I think it's the dearest standard UHD I've bought (€27.62 / £24.44 in June 2017 for conversion junkies).

I see there's another UHD coming out in Germany in November and it's a Steelbook:
hHGmlYC.jpg

Do you see what happens when you have fun with a stranger in the Alps? untalented people have access to Photoshop?

That's ugly.

Amazon link

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom