Texas Chainsaw Massacre Part 2

calibradtm

howdy,
how does this version differ from the version already released,is it the special features,including the 90 minute documentary? the cover looks exactly the same as the one i have,but i cannot remember the extras being on there.

Matt_C

Distinguished Member
Is this the same thing as the new TCM film thats due out in cinema's soon? As I could have sworn I saw an advert for a prequel or sequel for it the other night on TV?

Gonna go do some hunting on IMDB :)

Matt_C

Distinguished Member
Ahh, I see - the one I was on about would be this one : "Texas Chainsaw Massacre, The Beginning"

http://imdb.com/title/tt0420294/

I didn't know anything about the sequel with Dennis Hopper in it tho..... Might have to check that out!

CrazyHorse

strange but thats a different cover to the one movietyme have....
Yes I know, but if you click on the title on MT's site then you'll notice it says "Artwork may differ" below the Special Features listings. They obviously haven't got round to putting the new cover on-site yet.

Matt_C

Distinguished Member
Just finished watching this - and I think it's probably the WORST sequel ever made!

It was just horrifically and atrociously BAD. I actually can't belive I sat through it all!

PLus, other than "Leatherface" - it had absolutly nothing to do with the original film at all...

Very dissapointed in Dennis Hopper for making such a pooper of a film!

calibradtm

Just finished watching this - and I think it's probably the WORST sequel ever made!

It was just horrifically and atrociously BAD. I actually can't belive I sat through it all!

PLus, other than "Leatherface" - it had absolutly nothing to do with the original film at all...

Very dissapointed in Dennis Hopper for making such a pooper of a film!
although he seemed to get killeed in the first,wasn't the 'hitch hiker' in this one too? the guy who scratches the metal plate in his head and eats the bits of skin off it?

npm325

Standard Member
although he seemed to get killeed in the first,wasn't the 'hitch hiker' in this one too? the guy who scratches the metal plate in his head and eats the bits of skin off it?
The guy with the metal plate is Chop Top. He is Hitch hikers brother. Apparently he was in Vietnam in the time of the 1st film. The body of the hitch hiker can be seen at the start of the film. Leatherface is holding it whilst attacking the men driving the Mercedes!

Personally i love this film!

PoochJD

HI,

I ought to just state that TCM2 is abominable, as regards to a horror film! I can't believe that Tobe Hooper allowed his name to be attached to this pile of dog waste! :mad:

Trust me: unless you absolutely have to have this movie in your DVD collection, just rent the standard Region 2 UK version first, before shelling out your hard-earned, for the new Collector's Edition. :lesson:

Pooch

quarry2006

Oh, c'mon, it's great fun! Really entertaining and there are worse sequels out there. Much worse.

Try not to expect the same as what you got in the original (although that's what Canon wanted, which is why they ended up taking the unfinished cut from Hooper so they could edit it themselves - really, when you know about the behind-the-scenes shenanigans it puts a lot of things in perspective regarding this film) as the tone is deliberately different.

Hooper wanted to amp up the gore and the humour and, largely, it's a success. Plus, it does have some genuinely creepy moments.

A brave move, this film. To have tried to ape the original would have been pointless.