Texas Chainsaw Massacre (Netflix) Movie Review & Comments

i sometimes think your scores are a bit harsh Tom but this earned a solid 4 - as bad as the review suggests and only suitable for a gathering of drunken friends as long as you are as drunk as your friends.

“It’s not shocking, it’s not demented, it’s a waste of everyone’s time.”

What is shocking is the rate at which Netflix churns out rubbish like this with more misses than hits.

Good review Tom, looks like I’ll be giving this one a miss.

Had this misfortune to watch it last night without reading your review!
Absolute drivel, formulaic America gore-fest, no story, no soul and definitely no reason to waste 90 minutes of your life on it

A Netflix movie what do you expect, i only watch TV Shows and documentaries.

Cheers Tom, as I expected ;)

Another of the below par Netflix quota that they have to churn out, before they manage to throw a real gooden our way.

I kind of liked it. Seems like it's a very polarizing film, I've seen a few reviews on either side of the coin.

Don’t know what you all expect from this kind of movie? ... did exactly what it said on the tin plus sounded good and looked great in Dolby Vision ... excellent slasher 8/10 from me 👍

Last edited:
I give Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2022 - 0 Star.

Beside extremely brutal and gore. Nothing is worth to watch. It just simply bad, Bad, BAD. 😅

The original is almost entirely blood free, and yet it's one of the most effective horror movies ever made. It has a sense of dread and unrelenting tension which is pretty much unequalled.

I get why remakes/sequels/re-hashes exist. Hollywood likes money and ran out of originality about 25 years ago. But from a creative standpoint, why? Does nobody have enough of a backbone to just say no?

I watched this the last night, 4/10 is over-generous.

I can't work out why but the bus scene really deeply annoyed me. It felt like the movie was reaching to earn the title of "massacre" something the original never had to do.

I can't work out why but the bus scene really deeply annoyed me. It felt like the movie was reaching to earn the title of "massacre" something the original never had to do.
In his review Mark Kermode said the bus scene is the one people will talk about, so it’s got me intrigued to watch it now, but he didn’t like the film either.

Watched this last night, it was ok for a slasher, probably 5.5/10 for me.
The bus scene was a bit over the top really.

Bus scenes are in at the moment, see Shang Chi, Nobody.

It was fun. I liked that it took the p*** out of the tick tok gen z twits. It’s good if you ever wondered what would happen if someone took a chainsaw to a bunch of people I’m an enclosed space. Answer: carnage. Or ‘Busnage’.

Also the fun thing about this film was that apart from the youngest kid who survived the school shooting, the rest of them I was quite happy to see killed in increasingly horrible ways.

The original is almost entirely blood free, and yet it's one of the most effective horror movies ever made. It has a sense of dread and unrelenting tension which is pretty much unequalled.
Agreed. Sequels rarely do do the original any justice. Tobe Hooper's 1974 original was almost a work of art, as was Hitchcock's Psycho. There are only a few horror films that reach anywhere near the quality of those 2 examples. I won't be watching this latest sequel.

Also the fun thing about this film was that apart from the youngest kid who survived the school shooting, the rest of them I was quite happy to see killed in increasingly horrible ways.
Especially the sister
best part of the film was we she got her head cut off at the end

Hated it. Looked like they had filmed it on a cul-de-sac in universal studios. Terrible cast and what was the point of the school shooting story and the massive failure that was the survivor of the original (she did absolutely nothing noteworthy).

I thought it was perfectly watchable. You know what your getting if you’ve seen the first or last reboot and this gives more of the same.

4/10 was very generous
Can’t believe I watched it to the end
Made the experience even worse

Thing is, no sequel has a reason to exist. Texas Chainsaw Massacre is the complete package, it did everything and said everything it needed to.
Any others are always going to be folly.
Bit like the Exorcist.
I’ll never watch this ‘update’

Thing is, no sequel has a reason to exist. Texas Chainsaw Massacre is the complete package, it did everything and said everything it needed to.
Any others are always going to be folly.
Bit like the Exorcist.
I’ll never watch this ‘update’

Hold your horses there Barnaby! Exorcist 3 is tremendous, I like it better than the first one in fact.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom