1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Texas Chainsaw Massacre 4

Discussion in 'TV Show Forum' started by Dr.Rock, Aug 1, 2003.

1. Dr.Rock

Dr.Rock

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    I saw this film a long while back when it first came out in USA. It was a very goreless R-rated version. I think it was subtitled "Return Of The Texas Chainsaw Massacre". It's the one with Rene Zwelleger (pardon me if I mis-spelt her name).

I see it's released as a Region 1 DVD and it's been re-titled "Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Next Generation - The Complete Uncut Version" Does that mean there are extra bits in the film missing from the original release? Or was the original release of "Texas 4" as uncut as they come anyway?

Thanks.

2. James45

James45
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    was that the one with Matthew McConnahy in it? If so I think that's TCM 2 not 4.

There is a remake of the original out soon.

3. Dr.Rock

Dr.Rock

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    Matthew McConnahy was in part 4. Just checked the credits.

I saw the trailer for TCM remake, looks good, directed by Michael Bay. Interesting to see how an action-film director tackles a suspense film. But TCM-4 already seemed a remake of the original, following exactly the same formula. They should've released the forthcoming film as TCM-5 (sequel) rather than a remake. I'm noticing the new film will have deviations from the original story (with it's new twists and alterations), so it's as much as a sequel/remake as all the past sequels we've been having. But I hope Michael Bay'f offering puts the series back on track, because the sequels weren't doing much justice, so I am looking forward to that one.

4. James45

James45
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    what the fudge!!

5. Azrikam

Azrikam

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I could be wrong, but I don't think he's directing, just producing or something.

Course, that's not gonna make it suck any less. :p

Good point, though. It should have been billed as a sequel instead of a remake.