• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Texas Chainsaw Massacre (1974) Second Sight UK Release

norliss

Prominent Member
Can anyone confirm if this is the same, really good transfer as used by Dark Sky on their edition?

If so, it's a purchase for me!

norliss

Prominent Member
For those of you that might be interested (not many, by the look of it!) I took a punt on this and it arrived earlier this week.

I can't really watch it yet as my AVR has gone tits-up (another story) but from what I can see it does appear to be the same as the previous 3 disc DVD edition with the same HD transfer as the Dark Sky US release i.e. 1080p24.

The packaging contains a little mistake, stating the running time as 80 mins but I assume this is just because they've carried over the info from the DVD release which would have contained the 4% PAL speed-up. It does in fact run to 83odd minutes.

eL-ZilCHo!

Established Member
I watched this last night, love this film!

Can't answer your question regarding the transfer but it looked pretty good to me. It's as grainy and dirty as this film demands.

It looks much better than my old universal special edition dvd of it and the tv broadcast I watched last year sometime.

I haven't wathced any of the extras yet, so can't comment on those, but they are certainly numerous!

norliss

Prominent Member

The one on Amazon is a monze in the listings: they've taken the cover of the 3 disc DVD edition and called it Blu-ray. Amazon are listing the Second Sight Blu-ray here (with no cover art yet): The Texas Chainsaw Massacre Blu Ray Blu-ray 1974: Amazon.co.uk: Tobe Hooper: DVD

As far as anyone knows yet it contains exactly the same transfer as the Dark Sky Blu-ray. Extras-wise it's the same as their 3 disc DVD edition.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom