Tevion MD 80857 - Aldi - DVD/HDD 160 GB HACK

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Player Multiregion Hacks' started by Bathurst, Sep 2, 2005.

1. Bathurst

Bathurst
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Hi

Does anyone know of a multi region hack for the new Tevion MD 80857 Digital DVD/HDD Recorder (160 GB) released in Aldi today? Its currently coded for Region 2 and 0 but I would like to play Region 1 dvd's as well.

Thanks
    T. :)

2. rolledstone

rolledstone

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    :thumbsup: region free crack is below. :thumbsup:

1. Power on with no disc in drawer
    2. Press "ANGLE" button
    3. Press 1
    4. Press 2
    5. Press 3
    6. Press 4
    7. Press "SOURCE" button
    8. Press 0 for region free
    9. Press "OPEN/CLOSE" button

Your TV screen will display a message "1,2,3,4,5,6 TEST/NOT FOR SALE" machine will lock up for about 30 seconds..... this is normal. Once the message disappears, your machine is region free.

I have just tried this method on my machine and it works. I am now able to play region 1,2,4 discs with no problems

3. Bathurst

Bathurst
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Many thanks mate, :smashin:

This worked a treat and I can now play all regions.

T. :D

4. Caddie

Caddie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

Tried this countless times, but either nothing at all - no reaction, no on-screen message and no change - or else the machine freezes and has to be unplugged and started up again. In both cases, still no play of other regions. Is there any step missing on the instructions or could this trick have been thwarted by the manufacturer?

Any thoughts?

In hope,

Caddie

5. garymv

garymv

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Region code hack posted by Steve Turner, September 24 2005:
    With no disc in the tray and the door closed.

Angle, 1, 2, 3, 4, Source, 0

The machine freezes for about 30 seconds with a message.

Some have reported that this doesn't work for region 1 and you have to put 1 instead of 0. It does work on mine and I wonder if they had RCE discs.

this was on another site.

6. Siva

Siva

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi I am new to this forum, and was looking for a hack for a Tevion DVD HDD 160 II, I tried the Hack for the 80857, but it did not work. Can anyone help me? FYI the Tevion DVD HDD 160 II is a DVD R+/- & RW+/- with 160GB & tuner. Purchased in Australia at Aldi's for A$399.00.

7. paffren

paffren

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Go to the Medion website and download any firmware updates for your machine, burn them to a cd and follow the instructions, then try the hack. It worked on my MD80857 after an update. I know the name's different but it's the same manufacturer.

8. Ann-e-O

Ann-e-O

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I bought the same player in March 2006 from Aldi stores in Australia for AUD$399.

This Tevion DVD Recorder is branded on the label at the back of the unit as:
    "DVD HDD 160 II" and on the printed Manual as
    "DVD 160 HDD II"

The roman numeral II seems to be significant because the Region-Free unlocking steps are different than any Tevion tips I have read about online.
    It is a DVD+/-R, DVD+/-RW recorder with 160GB HDD and provision for various memory sticks/cards. Made in China.

Region Free unlocking

This advice came from a technician at Telefix, the regional support center for Tevion in Australia. I have verified this works on the Tevion model branded in Australia as
    "DVD HDD 160 II" or
    "DVD 160 HDD II"

i) Press Media (to select DVD media)
    ii) Press Open (DVD tray ejects)
    iii) Press STOP
    iv) Press 7 3 4 4 6 6 (those respective channel presets will appear onscreen as you press each digit key)
    v) Noting the onscreen display of region code use the up-^ down-v arrows to select the region code you want (0 is region free)
    vi) Press Enter

Other useful advice (including the above) is posted at:

http://forums.computeractive.co.uk/thread.jsp?forum=23&thread=66431&start=0&msRange=15#593423

:) enjoy!

9. fraggles74

fraggles74

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hello there new to this site great site ,i have been trying to fix my farther in laws regional code for dvd player its a tevion dvd hdd 160 the only ones i can find are mark 2 ect can anyone help as there will not play dvds from uk ect only ones bought in australia :)