Tevion from Aldi ok?

Discussion in 'Digital TV & Video Players & Recorders' started by richard plumb, Oct 26, 2005.

Tags:
  1. richard plumb

richard plumb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,028
    My dad just bought a Tevion HDD/DVD recorder. Wants to use it to replace his VCR for mostly timeshifting. But he's having problems getting it to work with the freeview tuner in his Sony TV.

I'm going to visit at the weekend and have a play. I've suggested just getting a cheap freeview box to dedicate to the PVR, to make it easier to hook up - then its just another input to the TV.

Any thoughts on the Tevion? is it an OK PVR? I have no idea on the state of PVRs

Any others for around the same price that might have freeview built in? any point having freeview built in?

2. Bassbin

Bassbin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +56
    There's quite a long thread on the Tevion (Aldi) machine if you look down the list of threads a bit. I read about enough of it to decide against getting one. That said Aldi are very good with refunds usually.

3. senu

senu

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,865
    Specifically check this
    http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=238453&highlight=aldi
    I too was very keen ( still am ) but cannot disregard the opinions expressed on this thread as i previously used a really nice Panasonic with HDD before which developed an expensive fault just out of warrantee

4. beolab

beolab

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    cheap skate