1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TEVION 8-in-1 Remote Control - 4.99

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Control & Remote Controls' started by bullyx, Aug 26, 2005.

1. bullyx

bullyx
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    In case your on a budget check this out or maybe you could just give it to your better half to keep them happy !! :thumbsup:

http://www.aldi.co.uk/

One of the largest code libraries in the EU. For use with TV, DVD, Cable/Sat Receivers, VCR, Tuners, CD,
    Tape/Amplifiers, AUX
    Learning function to copy existing remotes
    Integrated macro function allows multiple commands
    One touch 'All-Off' button
    Integrated Quick-View function
    Menu function
    Back-up memory
    Pre-programmed for standard functions of most brands
    Operates all primary and secondary functions
    2 x AA 1.5V batteries (included)

2. saurabh123456

saurabh123456

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    where to buy from?

3. wandgrudd

wandgrudd

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
  4. Neil Fellows

Neil Fellows
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    jesus, thats cheap. It's even got a small LCD screen as well! Makes the one4all's seem a little overpriced...

5. buseng

buseng

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Bought one today, all seems ok EXCEPT it will NOTcontrol a Sky+ box. Even when you use the "learning" function from a Sky+ remote, it still does not work, although it says "success" when setting up. A standard Sky digital box is programmed in. Tried ringing the helpline, just get the message that the other person has hung up!!

6. Lakeuk

Lakeuk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +20
    Got one myself for a very cheap panasonic DSB30 sky digital box I got of ebay over the weekend, none of the Panasonic or the Sky Digital code work, but code 278 listed under sky works perfectly.

This is the second Medion/Tevion remote I've bought over the years and they get better and better - they pickup everything I've got

7. brian100

brian100

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    WARNING!! Unit does not "Learn" codes. Have contacted Tevion help line, they havent a clue!!

STAY AWAY...Junk!!

8. buseng

buseng

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    It does learn some codes, ie some of my tv functions like aspect ratio or picture modes.IT WILL NOT LEARN SKY+ !! There is a "get out clause" on page 8 of the instructions (remarks, item 2)

9. psg

psg

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Have a Grundig Sky Box and cannot seem to get this control to do anything except change channel 1 by 1... Any idea how to proceed? Also, How do I store the "LEARNING" feature and return to the main menu? Pressing the button for the device seems to un do the learnt buttons???

10. madmaca

madmaca
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I bought one too - and have similar problems getting it to work with My Grundig GDS3000 digibox :( Standard codes don't work with most of the important buttons, learning won't work etc.

Anyone have the helpline number to hand? I have left my booklet at home :eek:

11. blair

blair

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I set mine up at the weekend, its in the bedroom controlling tv, a vcr, mini system, dvd player, NTL Pace cable box ( via a sender) and an Aiwa cassette deck which previously didn't have a remote.
    the vcr worked perfectly, the dvd player needed to learn a couple of commands and I couldn't get a code for the Pace box so it learnt everything on that.
    very happy with it so far.

12. Scaramouch

Scaramouch

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I bought 3 of the things on Friday - and have had some success with them. I've managed to find a code for my Philips TV which works fine, and a Panasonic DVDR - found one which worked most things - and got it to learn the rest - both of these on one remote, with one of the others I've set up a Panasonic DVD, and a Matsui video, but it failed to work an old (about 20 yr old!) Panasonic TC431GR TV - which works fine with an all-for-1 3in1 that wouldn't work with the DVD. I tried scanning all the codes - and got nothing, and also tried to get it to learn off the original remote - which it appeared to be doing ok - but then wouldn't work when saved (press the device button again to save & exit)

By the way - I found a post elsewhere that said code 154 worked ok for Sky digital

For the Telewest/Sky+ problem - is this by any chance an IRDA type remote similar to some of the PACE cable boxes - in which case you'll need a redeye to work it

13. madmaca

madmaca
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah 154 is the code - but as it says in that thread you linked to - not all the buttons work - and you can't get it to learn them either :(

14. Paul Kiernan

Paul Kiernan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I can't get mine to control my NTL Pace DC221 cable box. In search mode code 035 works but when I exit search it stops working (even though still set to 035!). Blair, how did you get yours to work?

Also will not control Hitachi DVP345 DVD Player - anyone get this to work?

Thanks, Paul

15. blair

blair

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    My pace is a Di4010-N. I had to teach it everything, none of the Pace codes listed in the Tevion book worked. I only programmed the functions I use, no 'on demand', interactive, internet etc.
    I'm glad I did it, last weekend the NTL remote stopped working.

16. village idiot

village idiot

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Iam having trouble with getting it to control the aukra freeview box all the t.v. ok and the d.v.d. it learnt ok but will not do the freeview box any ideas or codes please.

17. kgprodigy

kgprodigy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi There,

I know this post is old but I had to give my $0.02.

It is a common misconception that these "all-in-one" remotes can't learn the some sky+ and freeview boxes.

What it is, is that these boxes and the accomanying remotes have a "two-stage" thing where the commands given by the remote for a task change with each press. for example, when you press say channel up, the remote will use the first "code". the box will then wait for the 2nd code for that task before performing that command again. and cos the remote alternates with each press, it works fine.

You can test this out by pressing the channel up button so the box changes channel, take the reomte to a different room, press the button in there then come back. you will notice that when you press the button again nothing will happen first time!

The manufacturers do this so that you can't use a universal remote on thier box unless it can be programmed with the specific code. because the remotes will only learn one "stage" of the command.

There, my ego feels better now :thumbsup:

18. joshua_bond

joshua_bond

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    OK...But can you recommend (or an approach to) a remote that can control a freeview box (in my case digihome 915). I have tried using my old sky remote in a futile attempt replace my rather "tempermental" one supplied with the freeview box.

19. stoobie

stoobie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +78
    My Philips Pronto RU990 does Sky with no problems. I bought my brother in law the old RU940 and that also learnt the Sky codes no problem. It learns and sends IRDA as well as IR and I believe that many DigiBoxes or Satellite boxes use IRDA.

The older RU940 was about £60 on eBay - He has now upgraded to a RU950 which go for about £120/£150

20. Billy Hunt

Billy Hunt

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +98
  21. Cyclone

Cyclone

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +44
    Anybody bought one of the 'new' versions yet ? just wondering if it will work with SKY+. Guess at that price i may as well just buy one and try....

22. J80FAB

J80FAB

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +70
    :hiya:

I bought one of these today & am actually very impressed so far.

It's made by Medion AG, as most Tevion products.

There are 2 designs to choose from. I went for the one which is nearly all glossy black, though the other design has slightly larger buttons. But the black one IMO looks nicer & classier :)

The model number is MD 81299, though I'm not sure if it's the same for both designs.

This is my first universal remote & so far have only had a basic play with it in that I've separately programmed it to recognise the TV, VCR, DTV stb & digital satellite (Not Sky). Haven't yet gone as far as the 'Macro' function.

So far it works with everything, but must program it for the Tevion DVD player - probably won't work with that :rotfl: Though it does have a 'learn' function.

It has a backlit LCD display & build quality is very good considering the price of £5.99 which is a bargain.

I noticed the print on the buttons can be a bit dodgy sometimes so make sure you have a good look at the remote before you buy it :smashin:

For £5.99 very pleasing & it comes with a 3 year warranty & batteries. Certainly beats paying something like £60 for a top-notch one.

Though the dearer ones actually come with internet support where you can download new codes. Of course for £5.99 this one doesn't, but it does have the 'learn' funtion.

23. J80FAB

J80FAB

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +70
    :rotfl:

I was very nearly right about the Tevion DVD not working !

There are a load of codes given for Tevion DVD players. Spent 45 minutes trying to find the right one :(

If anyone has the recent Tevion DVD 8000 then the code which works properly is 0966.

0341 also works but you cannot execute all commands with this one.

Hope this helps :)

24. J80FAB

J80FAB

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +70
    Just a quick update.

This remote seems to work fine apart from the 'Macro' function.

I've programmed & re-programmed the macro key(s) a number of times but when I use the function it just fails to work.

Don't know if I'm missing something or whether there's something up with the remote control :confused: Any ideas anyone ???

Have sent an e-mail to Medion UK support querying this.

25. joshua_bond

joshua_bond

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    Yes just got mines as well but I went for the silver because the buttons were better. Still can't find the universal code for Digihome 915 freeview. I have also sent an email to helpdesk.

But for the price and 2 manuals (one with nearly every code under the sun...but mine), I am impressed.

Anyone one with the codes!!!

26. J80FAB

J80FAB

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +70
    Yes as said earlier on the buttons on the one you bought are better probably because they are a bit larger & chunkier :D Though i liked the look of the other style.

Have you tried programming the Macro function & does it work ?

Can you not 'teach' the Tevion remote the commends for the Digihome stb if there are no codes available ?

27. joshua_bond

joshua_bond

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    yes I could have a try.....but I am in lazy mode and hoping to search for that illusive 4 digit number.....I not defeated as yet:smashin:

28. Cyclone

Cyclone

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +44
    I bought one on the way home tonight, and have to say very impressed for the price. Went for the black one, thought it looks better, and although the silver has larger buttons, I thought maybe as they are closer together it would be easier to press 2 by mistake....

But anyway, it's not at all bad build quality, especially for the price. Did have the Harmony 525, which I found useless (harmony support eventually came back after 5 days and said it wouldn't be compatible with my TV) and it felt cheaper than this one!.

This is nice and simple to use, has the option of cycling through each code for a particular manufactuer, which set my TV and SKY+ up in less than 5 mins, or you can enter the code manually from the booklet, or learn commands from the original remote. Girlfriend was watching TV at the time, so couldn't test it properly, but all the main functions were working fine.
    May now consider another one for the other room :)

Not tried Macros yet, but never tend to use them anyway. If I get a chance I will at least see if they work.

29. JPHCCFC

JPHCCFC

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    I've had a few of the older remotes by aldi and they have always been excellent, I have purchased this one but cannot get it to work with hardly any og my devices anyone know any of the following codes:-

tevion/aldi 42 inch lcd from about 3 months back
    the code for the tevion. tv today may work,

my telewest tvdrive not sure who they are made by

and my sony surround sound amp kt 250

I could never find codes for these on my old tevion remotes and just hoped this new one would have the new codes. I just find it amazing that they build a tevion lcd yet there all in one remote doesn't operate the tv!

any help would be greatly appreciated!

30. J80FAB

J80FAB

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +70
    :hiya: JPHCCFC

Have you not tried the function which cylcles through the codes for the manufacturer like Cyclone did ? It sure is a better way than inputting the codes one at a time like I did :rolleyes: Yes I know I'm a twit :D

If someone tries out the macro function see if it works please. I'm just baffled how the rest of the remote works well but this doesn't :confused:

When i program the macro function it doesn't seem to work for any of the mode buttons, ie. TV, VCR, etc. but works for the numerical keypad because they TV comes on out of stand-by :confused:

Yes I was surprised by the overall quality of this for £5.99. It makes all those other all-in-one remotes for around 20 quid look cheap & nasty :D