1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

tevion 8 in 1 aldi

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Control & Remote Controls' started by debann, Sep 1, 2005.

1. debann

debann

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all newbie here

Just got the TEVION 8 in 1 UNIVERSAL REMOTE CONTROL from aldi- and I can't seem to set up my TELEWEST box with it..
    Any ideas or help would be appreciated! :lease:

2. jomppa

jomppa
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Me too.

Could get the TV going fine (after a couple of attempts) but then tried to get the freeview to accept teh remote and it 'kind of' found it but didn't quite.

Has anyone managed to get more than 1 device working perfectly ?

:confused:

3. mutleychunter

mutleychunter

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I think the technical term for these things is "junk". Mine refuses to work with any other device apart from a 10 year old TV, and won't "learn" codes from anything either. Oh well, what do I expect for £4.99! At least Aldi have a decent returns policy...

4. buseng

buseng

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Mine works with a 5 year old LG 28" widescreen tv(philips codes), a Sharp s.vhs vcr, & a Humax dvdr(again Philips codes). There is no way I can get it to work Sky+. It seems learn a few tv codes & work but although it seems to learn & accept Sky+ codes it will not work the Sky+ box. Anyone know better?
    The helpline does not work (they hang up!)

5. brian100

brian100

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I tend to concur. I bought 2 of these items. It refuses to LEARN any codes!
    I phoned the "Tevion" help line, but they were worse than useless. I have read the manual..well..a 100 times...(IE page 7!!!, LEARNING...it simply does not state how to "Escape" the menu after you have finished learning all of the codes!!)

I fully appreciate the saying "You get what you pay for" BUT this simply is a joke. They are selling something that simply is "Not fit for the purpose as described"

PS This is my first post...shame it wasn;t a bit more positive.

6. nickmanc

nickmanc
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    picked one of these up this morning - had a quick play with the learning function and seems to work fine - programmed in my Haier TV, Acoustic Solutions DVD, Philips stb and a sharp vcr with no problems - sorry to hear that not everyone is finding it this easy, but for me it's a fantastic bargain. I'll be setting up totally tonight so will post back if I find any problems

Nick

7. nickmanc

nickmanc
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    brian,

to 'escape' the menu press the button of the device you were setting up (i.e. if doing tv press tv button and this seems to end the learning mode.

Nick

8. brian100

brian100

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    nick

Thanks for the suggestion. I had already "guessed" that solution, but alas it didnt work. I have since opened the 2nd remote, that also has the same problems.

Nick, have you any Sony equipment that you can try?. All my equipment is made by Sony!!.

Thanks

9. mt50

mt50

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +99
    it works fine with my old 21inch sony tv. with the code 166.

like others it won't work with sky+, but for a fiver it's a bargin for me as i lost my sony remote. will be good when i decide to get a dvd player in my room.

would like to know if it works with the xbox dvdremote aswell