Tetsuo-Ironman

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by Harj, Apr 22, 2003.

1. Harj

Harj

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +34
    Saw this gem of a movie on film four over the weekend, what an experience! Total madness and visually striking, for me its like a punk band (Dead Kennedys?) making a film.

Anyway before i purchase the DVD are there any partcular reigons/versions to go for more that any others?

Regards

2. Shoka

Shoka

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +238
    I had the R2 Tartan release but sold it on, its a bare bones disk but I dont think you will get much in the way of featues on any region. Only stereo sound as well.

Try and check out the sequel as well. Tetsuo - Body hammer

3. Rambo John J

Rambo John J

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,794
    The R0 US release had a handful of extras, but both it and the sequel have been deleted for a while. You should still be able to find it online fairly easily though, along with Tokyo Fist, another one by the same director but they might be a bit pricey now.

4. Mr.D

Mr.D

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,209
    Saw this in the Filmhouse in Edinburgh over 10 years ago. Well tried to anyway. The print disintegrated in the projector. We all had to come back a week later to see it... and the new print didn't have ay subtitles so we had hand out sheets with a translation.

Great fun trying to read it in the dark.....only about 12 lines of dialogue in the film though!

"eat my sewage pipe!"

5. James45

James45
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    saw it on channel four years ago and it completely blew me away incredibly visercal and powerful, even though on the surface it only looks like a crazy japanese fantasy, certainly left an impression on me.

Bodyhammer was more of an all out gorefest if I remember correctly. Thought it was a bit harsh to kill off his daughter.