Tetris effect limited time demo

Bought this yesterday and played through the whole thing in one sitting, then I immediately restarted and did the whole game again. Loved it, what an experience especially the last level I was totally entranced.

Oooh, well done, you sound like a Tetris pro! I hear if you reach the last level (50?), you unlock

a hidden mode, the 1989 original classic complete with iconic tune.

Did you get that?

Oooh, well done, you sound like a Tetris pro! I hear if you reach the last level (50?), you unlock

a hidden mode, the 1989 original classic complete with iconic tune.

Did you get that?

No not yet but thats something to look forward to, i guess you need to complete it on 'pro' to unlock that. I played through the whole game again today and I'm, starting to get to grips with the zone feature. The last level is just perfect, the music and visuals are beautiful I don't want it to end. After completing it again I sat through the whole game in 'Theatre mode' just enjoying the visuals. This is up there with Rez and Resi 7 as one of my best VR experiences I've had.

Update out apparantly which allows the view to be recentred with a long press on the Options button. Looks like a need to review my decision of not to buy as this was the only thing holding me back.
Good update but still over £30 for Tetris is a pi** take.

I think I agree.. But when I look back to the various portables I have had (Gameboy, 3DS, Switch) I have bought many version of Tetris before now, for more, and never complained.. So I don't know why I am resistant now.

I think I am going to wait until Christmas to see if we get a sale, and then I am just going to go for it..

I'm still really enjoying Tetris Effect the visuals are still really wowing me.

I played it for at least 2hrs every evening for a week straight.

I've tried the other modes and there's a few of those I really like.

Last weekend I took part in the community event and came 187th out of 7414 people. I'm busy next weekend but I'm really tempted to try and find some time to take part again.

It’s getting a physical release on Friday. Seems to be about the £25 mark for pre-orders.

This.

Take away the (admittedly very nice) visuals and you're left with basic Tetris. Essentially it's Tetris with a visualiser. It's very easy to get through the main mode too (until the last level, that might take you a few goes).

It seems that reviewers were falling over themselves to declare this the GOTY and a borderline spiritual experience when in fact it's just a very pretty version of Tetris and nowhere near as good as Enhance's other PSVR outing, Rez Infinite.

Anyone else find this game incredibly frustrating..... because you've seen all the tutorials and know about t spins etc.... but find it literally impossible you build the setups? Lol

Anyone else find this game incredibly frustrating..... because you've seen all the tutorials and know about t spins etc.... but find it literally impossible you build the setups? Lol

Theres a few levels where it speeds up alot, so I save and activate the 'zone' mechanic to help recover the board. I've been able to complete 'Journey' on expert but I did need to use continues on the later levels.

Tetris demo back this weekend.. and there is a 25% discount bringing this down to around £26... I think I am going to bite.

Personally I've had no regrets paying full price, i've loved Tetris since the C64 and this is one of my favourite versions.

I've played it a ton since it's release and often get the urge to put it on. Any VR session I have will include a good go on it, usually at least an hour at a time.

Theres a few levels where it speeds up alot, so I save and activate the 'zone' mechanic to help recover the board. I've been able to complete 'Journey' on expert but I did need to use continues on the later levels.

Personally I've had no regrets paying full price, i've loved Tetris since the C64 and this is one of my favourite versions.

I've played it a ton since it's release and often get the urge to put it on. Any VR session I have will include a good go on it, usually at least an hour at a time.

Was always going to buy it full price... but i had so many games to play i put it off until the first sale.. so i am in....

I bit... Don't regret it. Absolutely mesmerising.

I bought it and its really impressive.. But I am a little disappointed that I finished the Journey mode (Normal) without a single failure in 2x1 hour sessions..

I had it in my head that Journey had 50 levels, but there are only 25.. And the 'map' looks odd as there is a ton of empty space... Could it be that there are more levels that I am missing?

I guess the meat of the game is in the other play modes.. But I still wish there had been more...

Also, something is odd about the tracking.. Everything is fine at first and then I start to get drift.. And then after a few mins it starts to go haywire where the image jumps around all over as I turn my head.. I have to turn of the PSVR and then back on which sorts it for 5-10 mins or so.

This is one of the reasons I didn't buy it initially as on day one there was no way to correct the drift.. Atleast they added this feature.. But I am doing it (long press of options) 10x more than other games.

Thought I'd missed out again on a psvr demo (after trying firewall on a Sunday night and finding it had already ended) but managed about an hour on this earlier.
Don't think any VR game is worth £20+ but I'd maybe bite if or when this hits around £10.Really like the song in the first level too ('Connected' or something like that). Sounds like the Scottish band 'Chvrches' but its not them.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom