Distinguished Member
Reaction score
:)

Apple have enabled tethering on 3.1.3

Follow the instructions here:

Tether me!

But remember, you will lose jailbreak/unlock if you upgrade to 3.1.3

Just thought it might help someone!

I am using it on Three network with no problems!!!

It's already enabled on 3.12 innit :confused:

Does anyone know the settings for t-mobile uk?

apn - general.t-mobile.uk
User - user
Pass - wap

Just stumbled on the new tethering setup as i reset my network this morning, finally can use what i allready pay for :)

Im sure it was even before on JB settings.
I remember trying it at home and getting speeds of 0.1 MB.
Waste of time where I live on all the networks regularly get No Service signal :(

Anyone know what the stance is with this and O2?

Anyone know what the stance is with this and O2?
As far as O2 are concerned, if you want to tether with your iPhone then you need one of their tethering add-ons. That said they may not necessarily know/care you are tethering unless you start having particularly high usage.

I am on o2 and currently am not jailbreaked, does this mean that I can use the site listed above to email me the 02 contract details, once done i can use tethering (at my own risk)

If so do I have to be on 3.1.3 or can I remain on 3.1.2? I have tried it with 3.1.2 and it does not seem to work. Enable tethering is there as an option in the settings menu but still directs me to the 02 site.

It goes to the o2 site because it costs £14.99 a month to enable it.
If you JB you bypass this but as Simon said you need to watch your d/l limits.

ah i see, jb is required. I have jb'd in the past but was unable to sort this out for some reason and just gave up.

What should i d/l from cydia to allow me to tether (At my own risk)

ah i see, jb is required. I have jb'd in the past but was unable to sort this out for some reason and just gave up.

What should i d/l from cydia to allow me to tether (At my own risk)
I read it as that if you upgrade to 3.1.3 when you choose tether then it doesnt redirect you to the O2 website.

Interesting, can anyone confirm this?

I am not really that interested in jb to be honest so if i could activate tethering via this route then I may be tempted to give it a whirl.

Can't get it to work with my unlocked o2 handset using an Orange sim. Anyone on Orange got it to work? When I install a profile the tethering option just disappears altogether.

Last edited:
Interesting, can anyone confirm this?

I am not really that interested in jb to be honest so if i could activate tethering via this route then I may be tempted to give it a whirl.

You don't have to jailbreak, just install it as per the instructions. I have not JB my iPhone, I am on 3.1.3

As far as I can see, this will only work on iphones using a non-apple partner's simcard. So Orange and o2 won't work. T-Mobile and 3 should.

Does anyone know what the APN is for an O2 customer (pay monthly I think). I got it working on my T-Mobile, but my friend wants to try it on his O2 phone, and I can't find any APN details for it?

It will only work on networks that don't sell the iPhone, unless you buy a bolt on.

I used to be able to tether on 3.1.2. But due to circumstances beyond my control i had to update to 3.1.3. I've tried downgrading but that didn't work.

So my question is. When will i be able to tether again for nowt???

I used to be able to tether on 3.1.2. But due to circumstances beyond my control i had to update to 3.1.3. I've tried downgrading but that didn't work.

So my question is. When will i be able to tether again for nowt???

How about now? You can install MyWi on a free trial.

Maybe you'll find it's worth the $9.99 asking price

I do not want it as a Wifi spot. I want to tether it like i used to be able to

JB is available for all firmware now including 3.1.3

Last edited:
JB, add REMOVED to cydia sources
go to search and get 'MiWi cracked' package
works on all carriers

This is not warez or naughty because miwi is $9.99 from cydia and cydia is nothing to do with Apple or copywrite material so you are not breaking any rules/laws by getting this!

PS JB is available for all firmware now including 3.1.3

Wrong. Massively wrong. The source of the software doesn't matter. You must purchase a licence to use this software, regardless of where it comes from. The licence is linked to the software, not the place you obtained it.

Any further discussion will earn you more infractions. Please take the time to read the forum rules you agreed to abide by when you joined AVForums.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom