Question Testing Uniformity/DSE

notbehd

Novice Member
Reaction score
Are there any recommended testing materials I can use for when my TV arrives? I've seen people using a greyish solid colour does it have to be specific? Thanks!

Are there any recommended testing materials I can use for when my TV arrives? I've seen people using a greyish solid colour does it have to be specific? Thanks!
My genuine advice is do not test for anything. If you don't see any issues watching your usual content don't go looking. Once seen you can't forget it. If you notice possible flaws then maybe start to check.

My genuine advice is do not test for anything. If you don't see any issues watching your usual content don't go looking. Once seen you can't forget it. If you notice possible flaws then maybe start to check.
Pretty much this...by all means if you see an issue through normal viewing, then have a look but this is an approach to look for them no matter what.

Hi all,

I was about to ask a similar question but the system recommended this which helps. I hope it’s ok to add a question. If you’re not testing for issues (which is good advice), what happens if/when you notice an issue? Do you get a short time to return or question the product? I’m wondering about consumer rights etc. Would they not say you’ve had time to complain and it’s too late?

A great test I found for DSE is homes under the hammer! Literally filled with fast moving panning shots, it's a a real torture test

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom