• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Testing speaker Cables

stneville

Standard Member
Hi Everyone

I have just had speaker cable installed from my loft down two floors to my living room for a 5.1 set up. I am a bit apprehensive at the moment if it’s all going to work.

The electrician has installed 5 runs of Chord Carnival Silverscreen cable and a Chord Crimson RCA cable for the Sub. I am going to connect the cable directly to the amp and speakers at each end.

The cable is installed behind the plasterboard in a grove in the wall so it’s not going to be plastered on. What makes me apprehensive is when I saw the electrician tugging on the sub cable and even though the speaker cable seems pretty well protected a couple of runs of it have got slightly wet through the rain even though the ends have been covered up I am still a bit concerned.

At this point I know is should really test the cables before the walls get plastered the only problem is I don’t have any speakers/sub or amp to test the cable.

Is there another way that I can actually test the cable? Or am I getting worried about nothing?

Cheers

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom