boomhiggins

Novice Member
Reaction score
I tried searching for the topic but I can't seem to find what I'm looking for, so forgive me if this has been asked before.

I'm looking for ideas on how to test and compare in-ceiling speakers to get a good idea of the difference in sound between several models/brands for my home.

I'm wanting to test things in my office building, the office I'm in has a drop ceiling (acoustic tiles) and the actual ceiling of the building is about another 12 feet above that, so as I've tried to put some speakers in them but it just seems to get lost in the open space above. The tiles are too flimsy to build any kind of back box on them.

Would it be a good idea if I were to construct some type of box out of MDF or plywood that I'd be able to fit various speakers in or would that color or change the sound too much to get an accurate estimate of what it would sound like in my drywall ceiling?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

I dont think it would be useful testing them in the office for you home. They will definitely not sound the same because of the rooms acoustics etc.

I only have experience with my Monitor Audio 265-IDC's and now the FX versions of the same speaker. What will you be using them for in your home?

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom