1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

testing filter lenses

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by rangers fan, Apr 26, 2003.

1. rangers fan

rangers fan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i have now tried a few different filters on my tosh mt5 ccr40 ndf2
    and a camera polarizer and found that the polarizer allows me to turn up brightness and contrast without getting white blooming
    and get better blacks in the process

2. wvoss

wvoss

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello,

It's been a while since i was last on the forum but came across your post.

I also have the MT5 and think certain darks scenes are terrible. Bright scenes seem pretty good.

I am only projecting onto an Icestorm 6 painted wall at the moment.

Is this filter your talking about going to help me out?

Do you currently use a screen or wall?

Cheers
    Warren...

3. rangers fan

rangers fan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i use the polariser on my projector all the time now blacks now seem deeper and the halo around the screen all but disappears i project it onto a 92" draper 1.1 gain screen what the filter seems to do is cut light output by about 40% thus making dark scenes ie caves in lotr or the grainy indoor scenes in 7even seem better mt mates also think that football looks better as they are used to crt projectors and dont like the rich bright pictures from dlp. the lens i used a 52mm vanguard polariser that was lying about with a bit of tape to keep it in. i also cover the front of the pro with a black cloth to cut out the light that escapes from the grill the picture in my opinion blows away the sony hs10 that ive tried hope this helps

4. wvoss

wvoss

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for that.

It's good to know what screen your using as I was going to start a new thread asking any MT5 users what their preferred screen was. Make, fixed/manual/electric etc.

I'd like to try some kind of filter if it will help but no idea where to start:confused:

Certainly agree with football. Looks better than most pubs but doesn't seem very life like. Do you have Sky going to the PJ and if so how do you get it there?

Hope you don't mind the questions but when you spend this amount of cash and do a garage conversion all help is really appreciated.

:smashin:

5. rangers fan

rangers fan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i just use a digi box rgb to tele and composite to the projector that way i can watch a game on the tv and another using the tosh best of both worlds that way. dvd is connected using component as i found this better than svideo good luck with your conversion