1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

"TESTCARD DVD" available?

Discussion in 'TVs' started by randallp, Nov 29, 2001.

1. randallp

randallp

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    It occurred to me that there (surely) must be a test DVD disk available that displys grids and patterns etc... Moving pictures are so difficult to compare. Anyone have one / seen one?

Pat

2. Bone Daddy

Bone Daddy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    `Video Essentials` is the one you are seeking,available even in this country at HMVs,soon to be upgraded to a newer version,this month I think,you may be able to pick the 1st up cheaply on some of the internet dealers sites - USA ones are the best bet I would imagine as they will need to move the old stock to make room for the new one.

3. Ian J

Ian J
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,906
    ezydvd.com.au were selling them for about £13

Ian

4. mjn

mjn
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5,253
  5. Gordon @ Convergent AV

Gordon @ Convergent AV
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,803
    Moving pictures are can be hard to use but if you want to work out whether a video processor or display device for home theatre is working well it would be foolish not to use moving pictures. Processing moving images is HARD. Processing stationary objects(and I'm not talkiing about pens here.hahaha) is pretty simple in comparison.

At the Event I learnt from Richard Ansell that test patterns like the Moving Zone plate on V.E. help you to see when things are working properly and also show you where you are likely to find fault with real test programme material. They are, without doubt, invaluable. Just don't forget to use some moving pictures too!

V.E. and AVIA guide to Home Theatre have good test patterns and commentary on how to use them. Novices will find AVIA easier to navigate I think.

Gordon