Test yourself

Here are my results.

ISTJ
Introvert(43%) Sensing(23%) Thinking(17%) Judging(9%)
  • You have moderate preference of Introversion over Extraversion (43%)
  • You have moderate preference of Sensing over Intuition (23%)
  • You have slight preference of Thinking over Feeling (17%)
  • You have slight preference of Judging over Perceiving (9%)

Here are my results.

ISTJ
Introvert(43%) Sensing(23%) Thinking(17%) Judging(9%)
  • You have moderate preference of Introversion over Extraversion (43%)
  • You have moderate preference of Sensing over Intuition (23%)
  • You have slight preference of Thinking over Feeling (17%)
  • You have slight preference of Judging over Perceiving (9%)
Would you say the results describe you quite accurately?

Would you say the results describe you quite accurately?
Got no idea, probably, i just answered the questions which i thought described me.

Intj

Introvert(53%) iNtuitive(19%) Thinking(69%) Judging(38%)
  • You have moderate preference of Introversion over Extraversion (53%)
  • You have slight preference of Intuition over Sensing (19%)
  • You have distinct preference of Thinking over Feeling (69%)
  • You have moderate preference of Judging over Perceiving (38%)
Interesting a fair chunk of the detail analysis can be applied to me.

Think horoscopes, you can make anything "apply" to you :devil:

ISTJ here and it's scarily close. Obviously not everything is going to be absolutely spot on but it's very interesting.

Just answer "uncertain" to every question :)

ESTJ
Extraverted Sensing Thinking Judging
by Joe Butt
Every right-minded man has a philosophy of life, whether he knows it or not. Hidden away in his mind are certain governing principles, whether he formulates them in words or not, which govern his life. Surely his ideal ought to be to contribute all that he can, however little it may be, whether of money or service, to human progress.
--John D. Rockefeller, Random Reminiscences of Men and Events
ESTJs thrive on order and continuity. Being extraverted, their focus involves organization of people, which translates into supervision. While ENTJs enjoy organizing and mobilizing people according to their own theories and tactically based agendas, ESTJs are content to enforce "the rules," often dictated by tradition or handed down from a higher authority.

ESTJs are joiners. They seek out like-minded companions in clubs, civic groups, churches and other service organizations. The need for belonging is woven into the fiber of SJs. The family likewise is a central focus for ESTJs, and attendance at such events as weddings, funerals and family reunions is obligatory.

Tradition is important to the ESTJ. Holidays, birthdays and other annual celebrations are remembered and observed often religiously by this type. The ESTJ is inclined to seek out his roots, to trace the family heritage back to honored ancestors both for a sense of family respectability and for a sense of security and belonging.

Service, the tangible expression of responsibility, is another key focus for ESTJs. They love to provide and to receive good service. The ESTJ merchant who provides dependable service has done much to enhance his or her self image.

ESTJs have an acute sense for orthodoxy. Much of their evaluation of persons and activities reflects their strong sense of what is "normal" and what isn't. ESTJ humor is frequently centered around something or someone being off center or behaving abnormally.

ESTJs promote the work ethic. Power, position and prestige should be worked for and earned. Laziness is rarely viewed with ambivalence nor benevolence by this type.

Some men can make decisions and some cannot. Some men fret and delay under criticism. I used to have a saying1 that applies here, and I note that some people have picked it up.
--Harry S. Truman, Mr. Citizen
1"If you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen."
The ESTJ is outspoken, a person of principles, which are readily expressed. The ESTJ is not afraid to stand up for what he or she believes is right even in the face of overwhelming odds. ESTJs are able to make the tough calls.

Occupations attracting ESTJs include teaching, coaching, banking, political office, and management at all levels.

(ESTJ stands for Extravert, Sensing, Thinking, Judging and represents individual's preferences in four dimensions characterising personality type, according to Jung's and Briggs Myers' theories of personality type.)

Just answer "uncertain" to every question :)
You are meant to answer the questions truthfully. What is the point of taking the test if your goal is to mock it. Of course if you input rubbish, you will get rubbish. Did you think otherwise?

Any personality test that can't figure out you just hit the same answer all the way through is a bit poo.

:D

You are meant to answer the questions truthfully
Of course you are, but a good test will determine whether you are being truthful. I deliberately tried to break it.

Thank you. I will remember for future. Thank you letting us know this scientific approach.
The scientific approach is to test a "test yourself" and see if it has any credibility. It doesn't.

Real tests of this nature have internally consistent questions specifically designed to expose people making random answers.

This one failed. epically.

The scientific approach is to test a "test yourself" and see if it has any credibility. It doesn't.
Well, that is quite interesting. In my case the results were quite close to what I think about myself. If I concentrate on that the credibility is there. Whether the test tests itself is another matter.

Let's just not forget that there is not a single perfect test and most are based on theories. They are called theories for a reason.

In my case the results were quite close to what I think about myself.
Self-fulfilling prophesy :)

Seriously though, please don't take a test like this that is (In my mind) designed to reinforce stereotypic behaviour and pigeon hole you too seriously.

Self-fulfilling prophesy :)
If you think I am defending the test and justifying posting it here than you are wrong. As I said before, there are no perfect tests and each and every one needs to be taken with a pinch of salt.

I posted it here for a bit of fun. You input what you want and get out of it what you want. You then interpret the results the way you want.

I found the results interesting, hence posting it here in GC on AVF (not on a psychological forums) for a bit of fun and to see what others think about it.

Is that enough of justification to fulfill the prophecy ;)

BTW I like the cognitive dissonance name better.

A good test would give you a similar answer regardless of how honest you were.

Yes - it's the old horoscope scenario - how did they know that??? Oooh, they've been spying on me:(

I do believe that there are a few discrete personality types however, and the test which the OP quotes seems to recognise the usual types.

I'm retired, but during my career I would meet people of whom I would think "how can you possibly think like that? Everything you say flies in the face of reason and logic" - so OK I appear to be on the INTJ side of the octagon. And yes, arrogance and aloofness were my perceived trademarks to some in my early working life, which genuinely horrified me when I got to know people better. I'm OK really when you get to know me - but there you go - you've got to get to know me, not vice versa, and I'm certainly not proud of that.

So what? We all have to make our way in the world - that's you, me and everyone else. We're all different - does it really matter? Mildly interesting, yes :)

Introvert(41%) Sensing(9%) Thinking(22%) Judging(62%)
  • You have moderate preference of Introversion over Extraversion (41%)
  • You have slight preference of Sensing over Intuition (9%)
  • You have slight preference of Thinking over Feeling (22%)
  • You have distinct preference of Judging over Perceiving (62%)

Myers-Briggs is a discredited load of bollox. How can one type of test determine what you are like. Sometimes I want a bacon butty for breakfast, sometimes eggs, sometimes cereal. I'd probably have a slight preference for the eggs...

...but on some days, the bacon might win.

Why should you worry what "personality" type you are? Be yourself.

If you try and please everybody you'll end up hating yourself.

ENTP

ENTPs are usually verbally as well as cerebrally quick, and generally love to argue--both for its own sake, and to show off their debating skills. ENTPs tend to have a perverse sense of humor as well, and enjoy playing devil's advocate. This sometimes confuses, even angers, those who don't understand or accept the concept of argument as a sport.

ENTPs are as innovative and ingenious at problem-solving as they are at verbal gymnastics; on occasion, however, they manage to outsmart themselves. ENTPs can be prone to "sharp practice" – especially cutting corners without regard to the rules if it's expedient – or, their juggling acts may simply be so over-ambitious they collapse.

Both at work and at home, ENTPs are very fond of "toys" -- physical or intellectual, the more sophisticated the better. Once these have been "solved" or become too familiar, however, they’ll be replaced with new ones.

Pretty accurate :blush:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom