1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Test Signal DVD,s

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by RecoilUK, Apr 22, 2001.

1. RecoilUK

RecoilUK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Does anyone know where I can get a test signal DVD for testing geometry etc also any other test equipment needed for testing DVD players and Televisions.

Thx guys

2. delta

delta
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    'Video Essentials' is the best setup DVD from places such as Play 247 or if you have Terminator 2, it includes setup features in its menu.

3. Chris Frost

Chris Frost

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +107
    VE is good, but AVIA is better for most things.

AVIA includes test patterns to check the accuracy of the TV/projectors Colour Decoder plus a whole host of other useful patterns. Each is described fully and the disc has a good navigation structure. Most of the convergence patterns come in three different brightness settings; 30IRE 50IRE and 100IRE.

I use both VE and AVIA regularly for CRT DLP and LCD projector evaluation. VE has a very useful montage sequence containing intercut clips of video and film sourced material.

The best advice I can offer is buy both discs.

Do you intend to buy a colour analyser? If so you should post in the projector forum or email Gordon Fraser. He can advise on the system he bought recently from the US. I believe it works equally well for front projection and direct view displays.

Regards

4. RecoilUK

RecoilUK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thx for the posts guys.

Any idea where I can get hold of these disks, preferably in the UK, url,s would be appreciated.