• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Test Pattern to download somewhere ?

Ysl

Standard Member
Hello all

Is there somewhere some test pattern that I can download to burn a DVD for adjusting my TV ?

Thanks

owey

Standard Member
Hello Ysl,
Most THX dvd disc's have a setup test on them, it let you setup your tv picture and sound, like the Starwars dvd and alot more.

Orbitalzone

Established Member
Here's one I made for my own 16/9 TV -it should be the exact size required for PAL use. (it looks squeezed up on a PC screen because of course a 16/9 TV will 'stretch' it out to the proper format.
www.orbitalzone.com/images/16-9testcard-W-768x576.jpg

and a 4/3 one here:
www.orbitalzone.com/images/testcard-J-768x576.jpg

These are computer generated and not taken from a screen shot, so should be nice and sharp. They're online somewhere and I tidied them up a bit.

Right click on each link, 'save target as' option to save as a picture to your PC then import to a video edit/DVD making program.

I found that with Pinnacle Studio9 I couldn't quite get them centralised and sized up properly ( the castlelated edges were not hidden enough compared to a 'real' testcard) but they do help with alignments.

RockySpieler

Established Member

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom