1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Test Drive DVD - Sound & Vision

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by blackstone, Oct 11, 2003.

1. blackstone

blackstone

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Everyone of us are different as to best DVD etc. When auditioning a set up whether it be a Tv or Av System. The balance sound & vision has to be right according to our own eyes/ears.
    I have read often and weary about blacks being too black and S/Woofer being a lighter shade than pale. So what about it ? Is there a current bench mark Dvd that as a group we feel fits the bill for both.
    Lastly is it not about time that the big retailers caught on to the fact that when making a big purchase, that hooking up a Vcr & or Dvd is the least a customer can expect. I was fobbed off on one occassion at Currys with the excuse " our insurance does not cover connection to other appliances". What utter tripe !
    If you can play a THX/DVD sound stage set up then surely you can play a colour balance/sound stage and then if necessary adjust to suit other than the manufacturers best guess.

p.s. to labour the point I know each to their own but having read some rediculous polls then why not see what comes up.