Tesla Cybertruck - an elaborate hoax?

The Dreamer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I mean, really?

Does anyone here conceive of a time when they might buy something like this, that looks like it was designed by a 5 year old?

We all know Elon has a sense of humour, so I’m guessing this is just one of those things where the real truck will be announced in a few weeks time, and people will look pretty foolish, having ordered this brick!

Or is he being serious? If so, then WTF?!:eek:

Deliberately provocative design draws more people to the site and gets the Tesla brand out further.

It’s apparently “near production ready” so will likely be toned down.

As it is it looks like a Minecraft vehicle designed by a 12 year old.

It looks like the bastard child of a Delorean and a Humvee

After the initial :eek: it's grown on me & I quite like it :blush: Would buy with lottery win :D
1280.jpg

This was the expectation
IMG_20191122_083425.jpg

If I'm honest, after the initial WTF moment, my only issue visually is that the wheels look too small.
Just out of scale with the rest of the car and the wheel arch size.

I mean, really?

I don't think much of the truck design, but Musk is as stubborn as they come, Tesla concept vehicles are very close to production models.

I remember people saying the Model 3 will not pass EU regulations due to no instrument panel, or the X will never make it to market with the rear doors..... Tesla time lines are always optimistic to the extreme, but the final production car are never that far away from concept, infact the 2013 concept X is remarkably close to the final production car, the rear 3/4 panel, whole side/front door design looks almost identical.

8384717538_c2461b5b91_b.jpg

29994913907_f78478c845_b.jpg

What ever you think of the truck its coming to a Waitrose carpark near you.....how soon who knows :).

Not sure it will be legal in the EU / UK

Is there not some law now that requires bonnet height and safety designs with relations to the public?
An angular/sharp high edged stainless steel front is going to kill on impact.

People said the same thing about Model 3 instrument cluster been 'illegal' according to EU law, so we have to wait and see.

I tell you what though, your not going to worry about parking dents in that thing, it'll be other people who will actively park away from you!

What ever you think of the truck its coming to a Waitrose carpark near you.....how soon who knows :).

Quite possibly. But where I usually laugh inwardly at some of the stupid car designs on the road, and the people that actually pay money for them - I’ll be hard pressed to not guffaw out loud at anyone rocking up to Waitrose, or anywhere else, in a Cyberpuke!

It has to be the ultimate word in displaying to the world that you have far more money than common sense..... or class! But then these type of people are too thick skinned to realise that every ‘normal’ person is laughing at them, not with them!

Just my two cents.

If Tesla manage the $40k price point, these things might become as common as Evoques!!

If I'm honest, after the initial WTF moment, my only issue visually is that the wheels look too small.
Just out of scale with the rest of the car and the wheel arch size.

I think I read it had a "maximum" ground clearance of 16" so I supect it has an adjustable ride height and that's it jacked up for off road use. Which suggests that it can hunker down for road use at which point the wheels will look better in the arches?.

I think I read it had a "maximum" ground clearance of 16" so I supect it has an adjustable ride height and that's it jacked up for off road use. Which suggests that it can hunker down for road use at which point the wheels will look better in the arches?.

Indeed, that may well be the case. and it may just be me :)

Nah, it's still grotesque...

Nah, it's still grotesque...

But if you saw one coming towards you on a B road you will slow down rather sharpish!

Also I just realised at $40k entry price its cheaper than a Model Y or even the Mach E.

I can see this thing selling ALOT, even here in the UK.

I’d have one, looks like a cross between a delorean and the APC from Aliens. Plus, having watched the reveal, it apparently gives me the go ahead to start dressing like I’m in The Matrix - time to dig out my long leather jacket from the early 2000’s!! :rotfl:

AWD 6 seater version for sub £50k?? That's cheaper than the AWD 3, which this thing would crush in an accident without the driver realising.

Humm, 100% no need for it, but the specs are actually very good, and the price for utility on offer really good, better than Model S/X/Y even 3......tempting, plus when your sitting inside you cannot see the outside :).

Probably can quit the day job and take a new job in rapid demolition, not sure how many things will remain intact if that thing drove into them at speed....

It's as mad as a box of frogs and shouldn't be on the road....which makes it epic. I love it :D

I would hope that if my family were in a car hit by that that there would be enough left intact for them to survive and if it does go into production it is not driven by those that would see it as a weapon :(

Would I move out of the way if I see it coming towards me, yes probably more so due to laughing too much to drive 😅

One of these would cause chaos on the narrow roads on the Isle of Wight. Paint it in green camouflage it would look better on display at the tank museum there.

Paint it in green camouflage it would look better on display at the tank museum there.

Yes but as a kid I always wanted to fly a plane and drive a tank. The first I've given up on, but the Cybertruck is pretty close to the second.

I cannot wait to drive on UK roads, especially the nutty version doing 0-60mph quicker than a 911 :).

I don't think much of the truck design, but Musk is as stubborn as they come, Tesla concept vehicles are very close to production models.

I remember people saying the Model 3 will not pass EU regulations due to no instrument panel, or the X will never make it to market with the rear doors..... Tesla time lines are always optimistic to the extreme, but the final production car are never that far away from concept, infact the 2013 concept X is remarkably close to the final production car, the rear 3/4 panel, whole side/front door design looks almost identical.

8384717538_c2461b5b91_b.jpg

29994913907_f78478c845_b.jpg

Well the good thing is , the more model x's there are the more parking spaces for me lol. I think the most interesting Tesla will be the Tesla model Y.

Merc/BMW say that 75% of their profit comes from they class of car, so assuming no screw up could be very popular. Model 3 have sold despite it being consider a rather dated form factor in the uk, so all looking positive for the Y.

Cybertruck will be a show stopper , but like the Hummer not many will be convert into sales

Reviving a 2019 thread as the cybertruck seems to be almost ready for the wild.

Probably illegal in most countries, and a face only its mother could love, it will be really interesting to see how this DeLorean on steroids does commercially.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom