Tesco Mobile Texts to a Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 on BT Never Arrive

JBA6

I’ve recently purchased a Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 as an upgrade from a Xiaomi Mi A3. My phone is on the BT Mobile network with which I’ve never had any problems with multiple Android phones over the years. However my wife’s phone is on the Tesco Mobile network and I’m finding that text messages from her phone never arrive on the new Xiaomi. I don’t know anyone else on Tesco Mobile so I can’t say if this problem is limited to her texts or to any from a Tesco Mobile user (or even any O2 user whose network Tesco uses).

Text messages from others eg BT and the various financial organisations I have accounts with all arrive on the new phone reliably. Also text messages from my phone arrive within seconds on my wife’s phone. If I put the SIM back in my old Mi A3 the missing texts from my wife pop up within seconds of my switching the Mi A3 on. I’ve never had this problem before when switching from an old one to a new one. If I can’t solve this problem the Redmi Note 10 is going to have to go back which will be a shame as it's a lovely phone.

I have emailed the supplier to see if they have any suggestions. I have already tried a fresh factory reset on the Note 10 and also configuring the APNs manually although the settings all looked OK to me. Anyone else have any ideas?
--
JB

JBA6

Dear John,
Thanks for your suggestion.
I had already checked that this hadn't happened inadvertently and there were no entries in the blocked list in either the Phone or Messages app.

The phone supplier has now replied asking me to do a factory reset and check the phone is on the latest version of it's software (Android and MIUI). I'd already done this but have just checked for updates again and confirmed it's fully up to date. Looks like the phone will have to go back for a refund.

--
JB

JBA6

No I haven't tried that as the app and it's version are identical on both my Xiaomi phones and it still works 100% reliably from all senders on the Mi A3. Definately worth a try though, thanks.
--
JB

JBA6

I've now tried using Microsoft's SMS Organizer instead of the default Google app and sadly just as before my wife received the text message I sent her but her reply has not arrived. Also as before I then went on and logged in to my credit card account which requires a one-time code via text to be entered this popped up in the Microsoft app within seconds.

It was well worth a try, so thanks for the suggestion.
--
JB

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Panasonic JZ2000 Final Thoughts - TV Calibration: Should you? And More...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom