• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Tesco Internet Phone used overseas?

K

kinveachy

Has anyone had experience of using the Tesco Intenret Phone overseas as they are encouraging us to do? I'm thinking of getting one for my son in Oz.

thanks

Kinveachy

pcdoc

Established Member
If you are only going to talk to each other then you might aswell setup an account with voipfone.co.uk or (FWD) freeworlddialup.com and use a free softphone with a mic & speakers or headset, and you can use a webcam too. VOIP to VOIP with both these providers are free. voipfone however also allow calls to standard phones really cheap, atm FWD don't.

If you want to use the USB handset I got the skype* one from pcworld (which is usrobotics kit same as tesco I think) , ran a piece of software downloaded from the net and the handset controls my x-lite softphone but feels like using a normal phone.

Edit: *Ordered from the website and collected instore £13.99

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom