Tesco internet phone software conflict

Discussion in 'General Tech & Gadget Forums' started by cozzy73, Apr 28, 2007.

1. cozzy73

cozzy73

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have been trying to load the Tesco internet phone software on my PC for about a week now. Every time I download it I either get an error code or it informs me that I have a currupt copy of the software and must obtain a new one (which can't be true as the software is downloaded from Tesco's web site.)

I have followed the instructions by the letter, including turning my firewall off.

I have phoned the help desk and they told me that I must have a conflict with another piece of software.

I have deleated Skype, my web-cam, and every thing else i can think that might be causing it, but nothing is working.

Has anyone else incounterd this problem, or dose any one have any other ideas to resolve it?

Please help, its driving me nuts ......:)

C.

2. jaymac

jaymac

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +138
    It could still be corrupt if you had an ti virus running when you installedYou could try uninstalling and a system restore to before you first installed and download it againiand reinstall.Or pick up the phone package from the store only £7 + and that gives £5 of calls and you can use the phone with other voips if you dont like tesco .

3. cozzy73

cozzy73

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Jaymac, thank you for your time and advice.

After hours of trying to work out what software was conflicting, booting and re-booting, hitting my head againtst the wall and nearly throwing my phone out of the window.... lol

I bailed and re-loaded Skype and loaded Skype mate.

I now have a perfectly working phone and a Skype-in number (cost £10 but worth it in my position) and all is calm in the world of cozzy again.

With Skype-mate I have found that the phone works beautifully with no conflicts ( it's a E337 tesco internet phone by the way).

It must just be somthing I am running that the Tesco service dosn't like, but if any one else finds this problem, download skype and skype-mate NOW, please don't waist all the hours I have.

Coz