• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Tesco Entertainment - Sent me an open game

KhalJimbo

Distinguished Member
So I bought my stepfather and my father in law a game each from Tesco Entertainment for Christmas. I bought my FIL CIV 5, cause he likes his RTS games. And I got my stepfather F1 2011 for his xbox.

Now my question is, the CIV 5 game came wrapped up and sealed in the cellophane wrapping, so did the dvd I got him. But the F1 2011 for the xbox was opened. The Microsoft sticker that they place over the box to stop it being tampered with was broken and there was no cellophane wrapping.

I've bought loads of games online and they all come wrapped up sealed. Just wanted to check if this is normal for Tesco Entertainment, or if they have sent me a second hand copy and I should return it? I dont want it looking like I bought my stepdad a second hand gift.

Not sure if I should RMA this or if this is just the norm for Tesco Entertainment.

TheNameIsJambo

Distinguished Member
I'd send it back straight away... No game should be opened or tampered with!

KhalJimbo

Distinguished Member
Guess, I'll send it back then. I've been trying to find out online if they open take the discs out but havent found anything. I know some shops take the discs out and put it back in but never seen this when buying online.

I'll send it back tonight. Thanks.

Knyght_byte

Distinguished Member
No, they shouldnt be opening any boxes that come with a tamper seal. For those, they would get a dummy box for the shelf, or open one copy to put on the shelf and maybe sell the game boxless in store at a reduced price.

The whole idea of the tamper seal is that you know you are getting an original copy intact. Unless you bought it from some kind of 'previously played' section of the website......I dont know if they sell on second hand copies.

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom