Tesco: Access Denied?

Status
Not open for further replies.

owen kric

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi,

An elderly relative is receiving the following error message when they try to place their online grocery order:

Access Denied: Reference #18.c2b3183c.1398115087.71a1a2ab

Chrome, FireFox and IE all return the same message. Any ideas please?

Tesco say 'not us guv' but the computer being used seems 100% okay.

Any clues?

Thanks,

Owen

I know Sky Broadband Shield decided to block access to the site last week - not sure if possibly related.

Thanks. Problem is, how on earth do you work out which progamme is blocking the web page you want?

Nightmare :-|

I have had time-outs on other websites without good reason but only since all the crap was turned on.

Their IP was AOL. I found a box in internet tools/options where you type in the name of web addresses you allow, so I typed in 'Tesco' and now the relative can access the Tesco page again. But why would AOL block Tesco in the first place?

Hi,

An elderly relative is receiving the following error message when they try to place their online grocery order:

Access Denied: Reference #18.c2b3183c.1398115087.71a1a2ab

Chrome, FireFox and IE all return the same message. Any ideas please?

Tesco say 'not us guv' but the computer being used seems 100% okay.

Any clues?

Thanks,

Owen
A techy friend just downloaded Avast Secure Browser (free) for me. Tesco seems happy to allow me access when I use that browser. (We use Avast for security anyway, but I don't know if that makes any difference.) Might be worth a try.

No might, not even the might of the starved, would cause me to use the Avast browser.

Personally I'd run some malware scans. I run Malwarebytes, ADWcleaner and Superantispyware once a week, all free.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom