Terry Gilliam's Brazil - July 12th

The Limey

Reaction score
mpw19401ddd.jpg

Terry Gilliam's acclaimed futuristic and very black comedy makes its bow on BD on July the 12th:

Terry Gilliam's incredible movie Brazil is coming to Blu-Ray Disc in July, courtesy of Universal Home Entertainment .
Jonathan Pryce (Pirates of the Caribbean), Robert De Niro (The Godfather) and Michael Palin (Monty Python and the Holy Grail) star in this landmark cult classic that dazzles and thrills with its Academy Award® nominated, groundbreaking art direction and sharply satirical original screenplay. In a future world, a government clerk finds his life destroyed when he tries to correct an administrative error that caused a massive chain reaction of mistaken identity. Despite his efforts, he finds himself an enemy of the state. Hailed as a modern masterpiece, visionary director Terry Gilliam's (Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas) pitch-black comedy takes a highly imaginative and chilling look at a “perfect” future where technology reigns supreme and bureaucracy overrules love for the sake of efficiency.
Featuring a 1080p high definition transfer with DTS 5.1 HD Master Audio track, the disc will also contain BD-Live features, as well as Universal's Pocket BLU App and My Scenes.
“Brazil” will arrive in stores around the country on July 12 for $26.98.

DVD Review - DVD News

Great news! :smashin:

Another of my most-wanted appears on blu-ray...there really arent that many that I want not announced/released now. :)

I imagine the director's cut will be the one released. Id like a lot of extras but Im really not bothered about the 'Love Conquers All' cut at all - never seen it and I dont want to either!

I'm just concerned this will follow the fear and loathing path
BD released, so seeing as Crit only have dvd I get BD
Crit announce BD

:(

I'm just concerned this will follow the fear and loathing path
BD released, so seeing as Crit only have dvd I get BD
Crit announce BD

:(

I'd say you can pretty much guarantee this! Criterion have said they will be releasing it late this year or early next....

edit - should have refreshed before replying ;)

If Universal are releasing it then I doubt we'll be seen a Criterion release for at least a year afterwards. The Fear & Loathing Criterion release is coming 14 months after the Universal release.

I've just had another 'romance explosion'.

Me and Me Julie have been together for five and a half years now, and I've never shown her this film - at first because it just never came up, but more recently because it wasn't on HD.

No more excuses.

Steve W

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
Hi,

FWIW, Amazon.co.uk says that the UK Blu-Ray release will be...

"... a welcome anamorphic print of the full director's cut - here running some 136 minutes. Disappointingly the only extra feature is the 30-minute making-of documentary "What Is Brazil?", which consists of on-set and behind-the-scenes interviews."

I'm assuming the US Blu-Ray will be the same.

Pooch

Hi,

FWIW, Amazon.co.uk says that the UK Blu-Ray release will be...

I'm assuming the US Blu-Ray will be the same.

Pooch
The Amazon info has nothing to do with the BD, being that Amazon, as per usual, have put the DVD reviews and info under the BD as well. Of coarse, it's likely that Fox will use the same cut as the DVD, but for now, nobody knows anything.

I've still got my Criterion box set, so I'll hold on to that for a while.

Fingers crossed the Director's Cut does make it on to Blu-Ray.

Psycho666 :devil:

If Universal are releasing it then I doubt we'll be seen a Criterion release for at least a year afterwards. The Fear & Loathing Criterion release is coming 14 months after the Universal release.

Wait might not be as long as I stated above. The Criterion Dazed & Confused is coming only two months after the Universal release so here's hoping.

I know this is a bit late, but I woke up to BREAKFAST on the BBC and they said they were going to have TG on later in the programme talking about his film Brazil, which is 25 years old (near enough, I suppose).

I've no idea what was said as I had to leave for work, but I stuck it on record.

I'll let you know what he said when I see it.

Steve W

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom