terrible reception thru Humax 8000-T

Discussion in 'Digital TV & Video Players & Recorders' started by MickyBoy, Sep 1, 2004.

Tags:
  1. MickyBoy

MickyBoy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Hi,

I recently took delivery of a humax 8000-t and have had it working fine for a few days. suddenly i can't get a decent digital signal through it for love nor money (always the "no signal or scrambled" message)! So I switched to the analog channels to see if there was a general reception problem and indeed, there was terrible picture for all 5 analog channels.

However, when i connect direct from my (shielded) aerial socket to the tv (with several different cables, shielded and otherwise), the analog picture is fine...it only deteriorates when i connect from the socket to the humax, and then onto my tv.

Am i being stoopid? Isn't the humax just a kind of through-put when it comes to the analog signal? Might there be a problem with my humax which is making the signal degrade?

Any help greatly appreciated guys!
    Mick

2. Ikki

Ikki

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +95
    The signal passes through an active section in the Humax where the digital signal is separated from the feed. If there is a problem with this section (which sounds like a possibility), the analogue feed from the Humax to the tv could well be degraded or even lost altogether.

It is unlikely that the digital component will suddenly go missing from the feed to the Humax from your aerial (unless there are transmitter problems). If the Humax was working happily and then suddenly began behaving in this way, a failure of some kind is most likely.

Take it back to be checked out. My first PVR8000T died within a few days of delivery, so this can happen.