Terrible lag on Battlefield: Bad Company (or PSN in general?)

Broxi1979

My friends and I have tried to set up a couple of squad games recently on Battlefield but anytime we go over two people per squad, the lag has been horrendous. Rendering the game unplayable ... I am talking 56k modem type behaviour, where you run 10 meters, stop and the lag drags you right back to where you started.

Has anyone else experienced this for themselves?

I myself connect through ethernet and have a decent quality 8mb/512k Entanet connection, downloads through PSN are super fast for me. I'm guessing that all my other mates are wireless.

Although, I did notice yesterday that when I joined a mp game on my own (with headset turned on) I was getting very bad lag on that too, not as extreme as in the squad games but my character was experiencing that slight drag back I was talking about.

I don't play too much PSN stuff, is this common on the system?

When I jumped into a multiplayer game on LBP last week, I would say that wasn't too clever either when it came to connection..

Moogle

Distinguished Member
Please try and post in the right forum. Moving to PS3 Playstation Network forum.

Broxi1979

Please try and post in the right forum. Moving to PS3 Playstation Network forum.

With all due respect, this thread takes in two subjects which could put it up for two different forums.

I) PSN
II) Games

I'd don't think that's as clear cut a choice as you're making out.

Expired

My friends and I have tried to set up a couple of squad games recently on Battlefield but anytime we go over two people per squad, the lag has been horrendous. Rendering the game unplayable ... I am talking 56k modem type behaviour, where you run 10 meters, stop and the lag drags you right back to where you started.

Has anyone else experienced this for themselves?

Hi, I have the xbox version and get the same problems it's down to the EA servers I think. If I quit and keep searching for new games eventually I find a lag free one :smashin:

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom