Terrestrial reception through Loftbox Problem

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by Delaney, Dec 29, 2006.

1. Delaney

Delaney

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all,

I'm hoping that somebody can help me with this problem I have with my Loftbox installation - I've searched these forums and the web and can find no hints or solutions.

Basically I've had the Loftbox installed in my house for a couple of years now and have only just started using the additional feeds into other rooms. I get a nice clear Sky+ in all the other rooms however do not receive any terrestrial channels at all.

The terrestrial reception in my Living Room is crystal clear so I know the analogue signal is being received via the Loftbox. After searching the forums I also changed the RF output channel on the Sky+ to see if this helps but to no avail. I have all the correct wallplates and connectors installed and just can't work out what the issue is? I'm pretty sure that it's going to be something really simple - HELP!!!!!

Thanks,
    Delaney

2. SimonO

SimonO

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +64
    Have you got the terrestrial feed looped back to the LoftBox via the Sky+..?

3. Delaney

Delaney

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yep it's looped back via the Sky+ RF2 straight into the Loftbox .....

4. JayCee

JayCee
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,547
    With respect...You cannot be sure.
    You will probably be feeding your main TV in the Living Room with the RF1 output...so as an experiment disconnect the main TV from the RF1 and connect the RF1 to the loftbox instead of the RF2.

5. Delaney

Delaney

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm such a dohnut! - I had the aerial lead from the triplex plate going straight into the back of the TV rather than into the Sky+ box etc - I now remember doing this at the time as I was getting double audio on terrestrial due to the way I have the various scarts/optical cables set up between the TV/Sky/Home Cinema - oh well I haven't the heart to try and sort out the double audio at the mo as Sky is always used in the Lounge - at least I now have at least terrestrial in all the other rooms.

Thanks for jogging my memory!

I repeat - I'm a dohnut!

6. SamRadford

SamRadford

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +308