Terrestrial reception through Loftbox Problem

D

Delaney

Hi all,

I'm hoping that somebody can help me with this problem I have with my Loftbox installation - I've searched these forums and the web and can find no hints or solutions.

Basically I've had the Loftbox installed in my house for a couple of years now and have only just started using the additional feeds into other rooms. I get a nice clear Sky+ in all the other rooms however do not receive any terrestrial channels at all.

The terrestrial reception in my Living Room is crystal clear so I know the analogue signal is being received via the Loftbox. After searching the forums I also changed the RF output channel on the Sky+ to see if this helps but to no avail. I have all the correct wallplates and connectors installed and just can't work out what the issue is? I'm pretty sure that it's going to be something really simple - HELP!!!!!

Thanks,
Delaney

:lease: :lease:

ntslik

Novice Member
Hi all,

I'm hoping that somebody can help me with this problem I have with my Loftbox installation - I've searched these forums and the web and can find no hints or solutions.

Basically I've had the Loftbox installed in my house for a couple of years now and have only just started using the additional feeds into other rooms. I get a nice clear Sky+ in all the other rooms however do not receive any terrestrial channels at all.

The terrestrial reception in my Living Room is crystal clear so I know the analogue signal is being received via the Loftbox. After searching the forums I also changed the RF output channel on the Sky+ to see if this helps but to no avail. I have all the correct wallplates and connectors installed and just can't work out what the issue is? I'm pretty sure that it's going to be something really simple - HELP!!!!!

Thanks,
Delaney

:lease: :lease:
Without trying to sound obvious, but if you are 100% you have the sky+ and terrestrial signal going through the loft unit, have you tuned in each TV?

D

Delaney

Without trying to sound obvious, but if you are 100% you have the sky+ and terrestrial signal going through the loft unit, have you tuned in each TV?

Yep tried auto tuning and manual tuning each TV .......

D

Delaney

Straight from the aerial into the loftbox via an F connector .....

ntslik

Novice Member
In theory it doesn't sound like you have done anything wrong, i'm not familiar with this Loft box your using, I'm assuming it's some kind of 2 in 4/5/6 out RF distribution.

D

Delaney

In theory it doesn't sound like you have done anything wrong, i'm not familiar with this Loft box your using, I'm assuming it's some kind of 2 in 4/5/6 out RF distribution.

Yep it's made by the TVLink people (Global comms) I'm sure I've followed the installation instructions to the letter - I'm thinking it may be something to do with the RF2 feed back from my Sky+ box.

Thanks for your help so far Neil.

nickp8

Novice Member
You should have the aerial going into the aerial input on the loftbox.

The living room output on the loftbox goes to the triplex wallplate in your living room.

Then you need a return feed which will be from the sky box to the uhf2 input on your loftbox. Use the 9v output on the sky box so you can use tv links to control the box from other rooms.

You wont get terrestrial channels distributed via the loftbox if you dont have the aerial feed connected to the aerial in on your sky box.
From the triplex plate in the living room you have the fm, sky, and aerial outputs. The aerial output should go to the aerial input on the sky box.

Nickp.

D

Delaney

I'm such a dohnut! - I had the aerial lead from the triplex plate going straight into the back of the TV rather than into the Sky+ box etc - I now remember doing this at the time as I was getting double audio on terrestrial due to the way I have the various scarts/optical cables set up between the TV/Sky/Home Cinema - oh well I haven't the heart to try and sort out the double audio at the mo as Sky is always used in the Lounge - at least I now have at least terrestrial in all the other rooms.

Thanks for jogging my memory!

I repeat - I'm a dohnut!

nickp8

Novice Member
LOL no problem. Glad it is sorted. :thumbsup:

Nickp.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Marantz SR7015 & NAD T 778 AVR + Mission LX2 MKII Speaker Reviews, AV & Film News and More
Top Bottom