Terminator2 sound problem....

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by flat spot, Mar 16, 2003.

1. flat spot

flat spot

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +44
    I've just got T2 (region2) and have played it in DD with no probs. But, while watching it in DTS it has major problems.
    The picture freezes and jumps about. Sound is ok for a while then is intermittant along with picture.
    The Display showing the speakers on the amp (strdb780) disappears when this happens. Put it back on DD and ok again. Anyone got any ideas on this??:rolleyes:

2. Grimley

Grimley

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Have you any other discs with DTS on them? If they play with no probs then its the T2 Disc. If you have probs with all DTS discs then its either your amp or the player.

Hope this helps

3. Queen of Hearts

Queen of Hearts

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I agree with Grimley in this respect, try a few other discs, I suspect its a software and not a hardware problem so here's hoping :)

To be honest though the DD track IMO does surpass the DTS track on this particular disc :smoke:

4. flat spot

flat spot

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +44
    ok, will look to see if any others in dts. :smashin:

5. hamtaro

hamtaro

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i have the r1 version ultimate, and what struck me when ifiirst opened it was the sheet of paper from artisan that stated the disc may be uncompatable with some players. the problem i had was regarding the documentery about the making of.., on the part at the last quater of the feature, when robert patrick is discussing his role the picture just locks up.i tried it again on a different player,and although it locked ,it managed to move.,but its still a glitch! another problem i recall was watching the movie in dts ,and the dts logo was completly silent![this was on another persons dvd!] it played with sound on mine.

6. flat spot

flat spot

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +44
    Just got the disc changed and the new one plays perfectly. Glad it wasn't a hardware problem as most of it's new. :D