1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Terminator

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by h0l1yw0od, Mar 1, 2001.

1. h0l1yw0od

h0l1yw0od

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    It occured to me last night, while giving my NTSC laserdisc of The Terminator what i thought would be one last play, that the UK version could well be cut.

I have the video which i bought in the early nineties which still has a sticker on the front claiming to be the full uncut version. However, when i got the laserdisc (released by Image. I don't know how many laserdisc versions there have been) several sequences were slightly longer.

There are things which even now i'm sure are not in the 'Uncut' video and these are:

1. The repair scene. The eye removal sequence is longer/more graphic.
    2. The police station massacre sequence is longer. Specifically i do not remeber seeing the shot where Arnie flips the mag out of the machine gun turns it around and slaps it back in on the video. (it sounds stupid, even for 1984, that they can't show two clips stuck upside down to each other)

I think there were a few other points but these two scenes were the ones i remembered.

You might be able to say i'm wrong and the UK and US version are the same cut and i hope you can. But the UK DVD has a lower rating then the original release and while i know that things aren't considered as strong now as they were then, the NTSC eye sequence is still a bit yucky!

Considering this is my favourite movie of all time i hope MGM aren't going to screw us and give us the shorter version. I know it's only minor things but R2 is always short on minor things. It's about time we had a region to be proud of.

Believe me if the R1 had a confirmed release date i'd be waiting.

Thoughts?

------------------
    "People think I'm crazy, in which case I'm f****d and nobody wants to work with me, Or they think I'm faking to draw a psycho pension, in which case I'm f****d and nobody wants to work with me. Basically, I'm f****d."

2. PaulBoy

PaulBoy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +87
    H ... Rewind appear to have answered your query as follows ... "THIS FILM WAS ORIGINALLY RELEASED ON VHS IN THE UK UNDER 2 DIFFERENT VERSIONS, A CUT VERSION AND AN UNCUT VERSION (I OWN THE UNCUT VERSION ON VHS - IT HAS A STICKER ON THE FRONT PROUDLY CLAIMING IT IS THE UNCUT VERSION!). BOTH WERE CLASSIFIED CERTIFICATE 18. THIS NEW DVD RELEASE IS THE FULL UNCUT VERSION HOWEVER IT NOW HAS A LOWER 15 CERTIFICIATE" ... Paul [​IMG]

------------------
    "Hi my names Paul and I'm a dvdaholic ..."

3. General Skanky

General Skanky

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +44
    You are right about the eye scene, it was more graphic once.
    Wrong though about the mag change, I always remember it being on the video etc.

------------------
    Douch!!......Wot's da madder, da CIA got you pushing too many penzils?

Work: www.hughes-tv.co.uk