1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Terminator - Special Edition R1

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by kmb, Jul 30, 2001.

1. kmb

kmb
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Release date is October 2,anamorphic 1:85,
    new DD 5.1 soundtrack,new documentary with
    James Cameron interview,hidden menu features
    and many more extras.
    Sounds good!

2. Mr.D

Mr.D

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,130
    you know I finally got round to watching the region2 version the other night and I was not impressed with the transfer. The whites are VERY clippy and blown out looking. After all the fuss they made about remastering this I have to say they could have done a better job. Very dissapointing

3. OLYSCOTT

OLYSCOTT
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Common, don't expect miracles...The film is old and was done under a very limited budget, even Cameron's later movies like Aliens is grainy and not tip top pristine transfer like you get on Titanic or T2.
    I've had numerous version of this movie from humble VHS to LD to VCD to DVD and this is the best it's evr looked or sounded and I don't think it'll get any better. Get a life, enjoy it now like you enjoyed it years ago on stone age VHS and stop putting the DVD pressers out there down...
    Then again there are some realy bad transfers out there...like many New Line R2 discs with only Mono or Dolby Pro Logic tracks .

4. Jeff

Jeff

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +256
    There is very little excuse for bad transfers these days. Some of my older movies have very good transfers, Big trouble in little china, Jaws, Ferris Bueller are good examples. I'm sure that Terminator R1 will have a better transfer than the R2 version.

Jeff

5. Phil Hinton

Phil Hinton
    Editor Staff Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7,080
    I have watched the R2 version a few times and was impressed with the quality of the print. I do not have as good an eye as keith when it comes to these things so cant comment on his claims. It will be interesting to see how good the US print is on their release.

6. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I bought this last March at the N.E.C. Memorabilia show. It is on R4, i bought it because the R2 was a shi**y cardboard box, the picture is perfect , sound brill and the case is my favoutite amaray with a separation flap for second disc. WHY wait for R1,R4 WAS ONLY £14 , can't fault it!

7. Mr.D

Mr.D

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,130