Terminator Salvation - Play And Help Thread

ilovegaming

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

Received my copy of Terminator Salvation on Friday (29/05/2009) morning, played it for 4 and a bit hours, completed it by Saturday (30/05/09) lunch time, sorry but it's appalling how short and bad the ending of the game is, anyone else feel the same??

David

Not finished it yet, but I can quite easily say it's one of the worst games I have ever played, and i've played a lot. Utter sh*te.

And yes, it is short. Thank God.

Last edited:
I wanted this game to be good but movie tie-ins are usually bad (excepting Goldeneye of course). You guys have confirmed my worst fears :(

Still looking forward to the film though :thumbsup:

The film looks great, but the game is just a load, shame play.com don't take things back just for being crap haha!!

Just finished it myself and yes it is a very short game, i would not of been very happy if i had paid full price for it, luckily i got it as part of the Blockbuster golden ticket promotion. As for the worsed game ever, have you tried Damnation !!! :thumbsdow I thought the cover system worked well and at least they didn't lock the difficulties, forcing you to play through more than once. (that really p***es me off).

Still i guess a Platinum and 11 Golds for less than 5 hours work isn't bad. :D

But not worth it for £30 and 5 hours of my life that I'll never get back lol

Still i guess a Platinum and 11 Golds for less than 5 hours work isn't bad. :D

*Puts on rental list :D

ilovegaming, can't really blame play.com that you bought a crap game. Did you read reviews before buying?

loved all the terminator films and cant wait to see the new one, i see scores for this in mags and thought a rental, so glad i rented this today, well got it rented out for week, but by sounds of it dont think it will take that long to finish it lol

loved all the terminator films and cant wait to see the new one, i see scores for this in mags and thought a rental, so glad i rented this today, well got it rented out for week, but by sounds of it dont think it will take that long to finish it lol

i did it last night in co-op with my son in less than around 2 hours.
that was on the 360 version, on hard, straight out of the box.
utter tripe it is, and grin (the devs), should be ashamed.
thats a poor bionic commando game and now this trash.

i did it last night in co-op with my son in less than around 2 hours.
that was on the 360 version, on hard, straight out of the box.
utter tripe it is, and grin (the devs), should be ashamed.
thats a poor bionic commando game and now this trash.

100% agree with you,bionic commando was a massive let down for me.

i never ever by movie tie in games ..every single one of them are tosh except goldenye...and one from so many duffs..means steer clear!

I got this on the Thursday and finished it on the Friday morning. Got to say don't know why people should pay full price for such a poor game really should be really like £20 or so. The cover system is ok but has it's faults where you sometimes get stuck behind cover and then get hit by the enemy and lose a bunch of your health. This is on ebay as we speak still got my 1st platinum thanks to this game :D

Got the Platinum too.

This is so bad it makes Wanted: Weapons of Fate look like MGS4. :rolleyes:

I've just got the plat as well..

Its a bit of a shocker and to be honest I couldn't even explain the storyline to anyone as I just skipped the cut scenes. With 4 or 5 enemies just repeated throughout the game its a good thing it was around 5 hours long!!

Defo not going to buy this after the reviews here, just going to rent it for the plat.

Last edited:
By the sound of things this is another game suffering from the 'Oh **** the movie comes out next we need to finish this game pronto to boost our sales'. Am I right?

I've read that this has 1 platinum, 11 golds and 0 silver and bronze. :confused: Anyway I'm going to sign up for my free trial at Boomerang soon, I hope I get this game as it's an easy plat and I've only got 2 platinums. :(

agree funny with everyone. pathetic attempt at a game. not one good thing in it. i dont think it needs a play and help thread, the whole thing is so repetitive its untrue.

if someone but alot of effort into a terminator game it could be superb. there has never been a good one. skynet on the PC was dreadful as well :D

Yeah agreeing with everyone here it was total tripe. I played it on medium so no platinum for me not that im bothered and I certainly couldnt face playing it again.

where the trophy states "become a commander on medium and hard difficulty" does this mean completing a task? or do you need to complete the whole game on both difficulties?

will this game ruin the film for me if i havent seen it?

where the trophy states "become a commander on medium and hard difficulty" does this mean completing a task? or do you need to complete the whole game on both difficulties?

will this game ruin the film for me if i havent seen it?

It means complete the game. You don't have to complete it on both, if you complete it on Hard it unlocks for medium anyway!

Am gonna rent this as its supposed to be easy.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom