Terminator: Resistance

Germinator

Prominent Member
Reaction score

The game, which will feature an original story based on the film rights for The Terminator and Terminator 2: Judgement Day, will be released on November 15 2019 in Europe & Australia and December 3 2019 in North America. Resistancetakes place in a post-apocalyptic Los Angeles, nearly 30 years after Judgment Day, and “expands upon the Future War glimpsed at in the iconic films from James Cameron”.
The player assumes the role of Jacob Rivers, a soldier in the Resistance Pacific Division. Despite the fact that Jacob is just a private, he soon discovers that he’s been targeted by the latest threat from Skynet and marked for termination. It’s up to you to smash Skynet’s Defence Grid and help decide the fate of mankind in the war against the machines.

Resistance will also feature a level progression feature where you enhance your skills through completing story missions to rise through the ranks of the Resistance, as well as side-quests to help your friends. Speaking of which, you’ll have to protect survivors, whose fates will determine just what kind of ending you receive.

Of course, you’ll face off against the iconic T-800, Hunter Killers and more in your battle for survival.

After playing Gears 5 MP using the T-800 skin I realised that a decent Terminator game has been something missing from the last 2 generations.

Resistance needs to be good.
I needs to be mostly set at night.
The T-800s need to be balanced. Not too easy to take down, but not overly difficult.
Cover based action is a must.

Obviously no footage at this point?

Official trailer

Looks like it’s an FPS.
Not keen on the new variations they’ve made up for the game.
I guess you will have people complaining if there’s a lack of enemy variety, even if they do look goofy.

One more thing.
This is being developed by the same studio which made the awful Rambo game.
Hopefully they've learned a lot of lessons since then.

Doesn't look terrible.
I was going to give it a miss as I'd heard some less than positive things about the way it looks, but that is actually pretty decent.
It's not spectacular by current standards, but it's not eye bleedingly horrible.

Your ai teammates didn't even shoot at the machines, they stood behind a tree with a huge rifle and did nothing. The graphics look much better than the video I posted which has now been deleted by Sony but the gameplay looks very meh to me.

I'm not alone in thinking that a studio like Treyarch or or Respawn, both of which make some really cool looking games which also play really well, should have made a Terminator game?

This looks cool, but I can't help but think that if you took a Call of Duty or Titanfall and basically stuck it in the Terminator universe that that would be a thousand times better.

I just don't think Terminator is ever going to be a big seller. Prob why none of the big guns have bothered.

I am watching a stream of this on Mixer and it looks awful in every possible way. Don't think I would bother playing this even if it came to Gamepass.

I got this for Xmas and it's really not that bad of a game.
Sure it's nowhere near what you'd expect from Xbox One in terms of graphics, but at the same time it's not terrible.
The controls could do with being a little more fluid.
Sound design wise, the effects are spot on. I love the way the plasma weapons sound authentic to the films.
The big thing I have to complain about with the sound is the dialog.
It's been recorded at such a high level that it distorts. Like the mics were set too high and the voice actors had their mouths right against the mics.
There is also a really annoying popping which occurs semi-frequently.

Overall it's a decent Terminator game, and if it had been developed by a studio with better backing I'm sure this would have no only looked and played better, but the sound issues wouldn't have been there.

Don't write it off.
It's worth buying. Maybe look for deals?

I started playing it a few days ago and agree that it isn’t too bad, has a Fallout feel to it what with all the scavenging and lock picking lol but as you say they got the sound effects spot on and glad to hear it’s not just my setup causing the popping sound.

It's funny you mention Fallout, as me of the music, the deep piano parts, sound like Fallout 4.

Just finished it, fairly simplistic but I enjoyed it, that final battle really put you into the meat grinder but managed not to die.

Interested to hear what your ending was like as
I convinced my 3 friends to leave but killed Dr Mack so didn’t get the re-programmes chip which kind of screws up T2 lol

My ending was the “good” ending.
I saved all 3 friends
Didn’t kill Dr Mack
Declined Johns offer to go back in time

I’d be interested in seeing how different the endings are depending on the last 2 choices.

My ending was the “good” ending.
I saved all 3 friends
Didn’t kill Dr Mack
Declined Johns offer to go back in time

I’d be interested in seeing how different the endings are depending on the last 2 choices.

You can find the different endings online but pretty much whatever you choose doesn’t really have a major affect,
by killing Mack I didn’t have the chip so they just figured something else out instead and I chose to go back in time to protect myself so instead of meeting up with Jennifer you see yourself from the beginning of the game when the stranger first appeared.

As everyone knows when I say something I always stick to my guns and never change my mind.

I am watching a stream of this on Mixer and it looks awful in every possible way. Don't think I would bother playing this even if it came to Gamepass.

So I bought this a couple of days ago and I am really enjoying it so far, I am not far into the campaign but I really like the atmosphere. The sound effects and music are spot on and are really loyal to the first film.

I am playing on the X and due to the dreadful framerate I have had to lock it at 30fps to stop me having a seizure, even then it's still bad.
The graphics are almost last generation and the facial animations are scary and funny at the same time.

The game studio didn't have a huge budget to be fair and it is full of love for the original film franchise.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom