Terminator 7 (TBC)

And Terminator 9's T-1,000,000,000 will be made of dark matter...

The thing that stretched credibility in T2 for me was that the T-1000 is, like, a thousand years more advanced than the T-800. Yet it must have been sent from the same future point in time as the old model.

T2 got away with it by being so damn good and conceptually original. The other sequels not so much, and to be honest there is nowhere really to go after a liquid metal terminator (your awesome suggestions notwithstanding :laugh:).

Skynet would have been better off hiring some sicarios instead.

Hiring John Wick was always the option they missed.

Hiring John Wick was always the option they missed.

But will he be back?

tenor (9).gif

The other option of course is hiring the Mandalorian. Then again he's just end up keeping Sarah Connor as a pet. This is the way.

And Terminator 9's T-1,000,000,000 will be made of dark matter...

The thing that stretched credibility in T2 for me was that the T-1000 is, like, a thousand years more advanced than the T-800. Yet it must have been sent from the same future point in time as the old model.

What has always puzzled me is how long does Skynet wait until it decides that the last one failed it's mission and sends another terminator through. A couple of minutes? A couple of days? Weeks, months, years? Does it sit around thinking "I'll give it another couple of days"?

What we need from a sequel are some establishing scenes, followed by the terminator arriving, followed by the saviour arriving, followed by clothes procurement, an early encounter and chase scene, exposition for the target, another encounter, a quiet interlude to plan strategies, a final showdown (preferably at night and involving some sort of self sacrifice), a false ending, and then the terminator defeated once and for all, and a portentous epilogue.

Is that so much to ask?

Can we also have the final showdown at some sort of industrial or mechanical setting?

What has always puzzled me is how long does Skynet wait until it decides that the last one failed it's mission and sends another terminator through. A couple of minutes? A couple of days? Weeks, months, years? Does it sit around thinking "I'll give it another couple of days"?

Skynet probably has to sit through numerous risk assessment & damage limitation meetings, and giving consideration to the likely reactions of their shareholders. Thats after reading out any excuses for non attendees, and covering the minutes of the last meeting. Then putting proposals to the vote and highlighting potential discussion topics for the following meeting. Then, finally tea & biscuits. Oh, and of course Terminator deployment.

I'm sure Reese said in the first film that the resistance destroyed the time machine after he went through.
Of course, if they rebuilt another Time Machine for T2 then why didn't they just send an army of T-1000's through.

he did. no one goes home, nothing else comes through. that's why everything after the first film is just pointless, not even getting to the rule-breaking metal t1000 being able to come through

he did. no one goes home, nothing else comes through. that's why everything after the first film is just pointless, not even getting to the rule-breaking metal t1000 being able to come through

I'm sure there was some other prototype station and T1000 was a prototype or something else made up.

And anyways, doesn't 'looks like a human' fool a metal detector? I forget how science works.

Can they not just cover some fancy laser boom rifles in the same material then.

Or is Skynet that thick it only worked that out for T3 when the T-Whatever she was, had her weapons built-in.

Let's be honest, Skynet weren't very good at this game.

I hope the AI that wipes us all out is far more efficient.

Or is Skynet that thick it only worked that out for T3 when the T-Whatever she was, had her weapons built-in.

Also makes you wonder why the liquid-coated robots needed to appear naked during the time jump. Not that I'm complaining in the case of T3...

in one of the comics the Terminators planted a pistol into someone's chest cavity and sent him through. needless to say he didn't survive them retrieving the weapon :-D

This is good news for me. I just want to see a third Terminator film that is worthy of the brand. Everything after T2 has been quite poor, so I'm happy for them to make a million more sequels if it means finally making a decent one. I'll just pretend the million others never existed.

This is good news for me. I just want to see a third Terminator film that is worthy of the brand. Everything after T2 has been quite poor, so I'm happy for them to make a million more sequels if it means finally making a decent one. I'll just pretend the million others never existed.
Agree, the only good thing about the third was the couple getting to the bunker and realising why they were actually there and then the bombs going off all over the place. The rest of the film was pretty average.

Arnold's done with the franchise
The franchise is not done. I’m done. I got the message loud and clear that the world wants to move on with a different theme when it comes to The Terminator. Someone has to come up with a great idea. The Terminator was largely responsible for my success, so I always would look at it very fondly. The first three movies were great. Number four [Salvation] I was not in because I was governor. Then five [Genisys] and six [Dark Fate] didn’t close the deal as far as I’m concerned. We knew that ahead of time because they were just not well written.

^^ Interesting reading, thanks. I do love a bit of Arnie, there will never be anyone like him again.

if they knew it ahead of time why didn't they hire decent writers to repair the scripts?? Not like they're short of cash.

if they knew it ahead of time why didn't they hire decent writers to repair the scripts?? Not like they're short of cash.
not neccessarily about being short of it.... getting maximum income for minimum outgoings and they probably decided they'd spent enough.... that said - i like dark fate.

"minimum outgoings" - i can guarantee any team of writers is a fraction of what Arnie gets per film, and they can make the difference between naff, mediocre and blockbuster levels of box office income. if you're budgeting idiot amounts on a film and want 8/9-figure returns, skimping on any aspect of production is stupid, but especially so on the plot.

That's good news, I feared there would be no more T films. Could this be the T3 that never was? Though there's hints of it being a reboot. Doubt we will get anything for a few years though :(

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom