Terminator 7 (TBC)

lucasisking

Distinguished Member
And Terminator 9's T-1,000,000,000 will be made of dark matter...

The thing that stretched credibility in T2 for me was that the T-1000 is, like, a thousand years more advanced than the T-800. Yet it must have been sent from the same future point in time as the old model.

T2 got away with it by being so damn good and conceptually original. The other sequels not so much, and to be honest there is nowhere really to go after a liquid metal terminator (your awesome suggestions notwithstanding :laugh:).

Skynet would have been better off hiring some sicarios instead.

McNab

And Terminator 9's T-1,000,000,000 will be made of dark matter...

The thing that stretched credibility in T2 for me was that the T-1000 is, like, a thousand years more advanced than the T-800. Yet it must have been sent from the same future point in time as the old model.
What has always puzzled me is how long does Skynet wait until it decides that the last one failed it's mission and sends another terminator through. A couple of minutes? A couple of days? Weeks, months, years? Does it sit around thinking "I'll give it another couple of days"?

bruce-leroy

Distinguished Member
What we need from a sequel are some establishing scenes, followed by the terminator arriving, followed by the saviour arriving, followed by clothes procurement, an early encounter and chase scene, exposition for the target, another encounter, a quiet interlude to plan strategies, a final showdown (preferably at night and involving some sort of self sacrifice), a false ending, and then the terminator defeated once and for all, and a portentous epilogue.

Is that so much to ask?
Can we also have the final showdown at some sort of industrial or mechanical setting?

WarHog

What has always puzzled me is how long does Skynet wait until it decides that the last one failed it's mission and sends another terminator through. A couple of minutes? A couple of days? Weeks, months, years? Does it sit around thinking "I'll give it another couple of days"?
Skynet probably has to sit through numerous risk assessment & damage limitation meetings, and giving consideration to the likely reactions of their shareholders. Thats after reading out any excuses for non attendees, and covering the minutes of the last meeting. Then putting proposals to the vote and highlighting potential discussion topics for the following meeting. Then, finally tea & biscuits. Oh, and of course Terminator deployment.

RicksonGracie1972

Distinguished Member
I'm sure Reese said in the first film that the resistance destroyed the time machine after he went through.
Of course, if they rebuilt another Time Machine for T2 then why didn't they just send an army of T-1000's through.

wolfie138

he did. no one goes home, nothing else comes through. that's why everything after the first film is just pointless, not even getting to the rule-breaking metal t1000 being able to come through

Casimir Harlow

Blu-ray Reviewer
he did. no one goes home, nothing else comes through. that's why everything after the first film is just pointless, not even getting to the rule-breaking metal t1000 being able to come through
I'm sure there was some other prototype station and T1000 was a prototype or something else made up.

And anyways, doesn't 'looks like a human' fool a metal detector? I forget how science works.

Sloppy Bob

Distinguished Member
Can they not just cover some fancy laser boom rifles in the same material then.

Or is Skynet that thick it only worked that out for T3 when the T-Whatever she was, had her weapons built-in.

richp007

Distinguished Member
Let's be honest, Skynet weren't very good at this game.

I hope the AI that wipes us all out is far more efficient.

wolfie138

Can they not just cover some fancy laser boom rifles in the same material then.

Or is Skynet that thick it only worked that out for T3 when the T-Whatever she was, had her weapons built-in.
in one of the comics the Terminators planted a pistol into someone's chest cavity and sent him through. needless to say he didn't survive them retrieving the weapon :-D

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: CES 2021 Special - Sony, LG, Panasonic, Samsung, TCL and Hisense TV news and more...
Top Bottom