Terminator 2: Judgment Day (Zavvi Exclusive) (Blu-ray Steelbook)

RedDevil85

Outstanding Member
Reaction score
Purchase link: Zavvi

Release date: 06/07/2015

Limited to 2,000 copies

t2-jpg.594213

Attachments

• T2.jpg
    T2.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 384
  • T2(open).jpg
    T2(open).jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 236
Last edited:
Same as Amazon.de probably.

Oh dear i pre ordered this off amazon.de yesterday,looks like waiting to see which one is the best and canceling one,although i may be greedy and keep both if they are different but both decent

Unless its confirmed as a new HD transfer do not buy as the existing HD transfer is terrible nothing more than an upscaled 1080i bodge job :rolleyes:

Unless its confirmed as a new HD transfer do not buy as the existing HD transfer is terrible nothing more than an upscaled 1080i bodge job :rolleyes:
It's amazing really that a title as popular as this hasn't had the 4k transfer treatment. The optimum disc is still the one to own.

It's amazing really that a title as popular as this hasn't had the 4k transfer treatment. The optimum disc is still the one to own.

I own a 3 T2 discs and the best one for picture quality for me is the (Geneon) Japanese steelbook disc It has the MPEG4 AVC transfer. Everything seems to be more sharper, crisp looking than both my UK Skynet (non steel) and Korea steel, which i think is the same disc?

Skynet disc looks really soft in comparison the opening scene in the bar is a good test, on the japan disc the skin tone colour is deep, rich and sharp. whereas both Skynet and Korea discs look soft and dull in comparison. Another nice test scene is in the desert. These scenes are more defined and just look much better!

They all sound more or less the same but the Japanese disc has the 5.1 Dolby TrueHD track and I noticed you have to turn it up more so on this disc compared to the DTS-HD of the Skynet edition.

Back on topic, I don't think I'll bother with any of the re-releases it will be hard to beat the KimChiDVD T2.

Don't think that's true.

The Skynet doesn't look great with that DNR true. The old UK Optimum disc (non-DNR) looks a bit better but still not great. 1080i upscale though? I don't think so. It badly needs a decent remaster though.

Don't think that's true.

The Skynet doesn't look great with that DNR true. The old UK Optimum disc (non-DNR) looks a bit better but still not great. 1080i upscale though? I don't think so. It badly needs a decent remaster though.

It's a shame really as i thought the Terminator Play.com Steelbook quality was really good not sure what transfer that had but i really hoped for a 4k Quality remaster for T2 as Robocop had it done and there was only a year gap between the shoddy first Robocop and the amazing remaster.

Agree about the Robocop 4K master being really good, i was impressed when i watched it.

I tell you another Steelbook that needed a remastered disc and that is True Romance the quality was terrible my DVD version in my dvd upscaler was nearly the same quality and the audio was poor it sound more like the old pro logic rather than DTS.

I tell you another Steelbook that needed a remastered disc and that is True Romance the quality was terrible my DVD version in my dvd upscaler was nearly the same quality and the audio was poor it sound more like the old pro logic rather than DTS.

Are you talking about the 4000 copies limited version from Entertainment Store? :(
Because i didn't unseal it yet and was expecting to watch it soon because my wife never saw it...

Are you talking about the 4000 copies limited version from Entertainment Store? :(
Because i didn't unseal it yet and was expecting to watch it soon because my wife never saw it...
The Black cover with bullet holes on it yeah it was really grainy and the audio was poor i may just see if they release a remastered amaray version and swap the disc

It's a shame really as i thought the Terminator Play.com Steelbook quality was really good not sure what transfer that had but i really hoped for a 4k Quality remaster for T2 as Robocop had it done and there was only a year gap between the shoddy first Robocop and the amazing remaster.
Yep. Exactly why I didnt buy that first Robocop steelbook!

T2 is just a matter of time but Im not buying that Skynet transfer again (and thats what this will be).

Yep. Exactly why I didnt buy that first Robocop steelbook!

T2 is just a matter of time but Im not buying that Skynet transfer again (and thats what this will be).

Yeah i bought the first Robocop Steelbook and as soon as i heard the remaster coming out straight on ebay it went. I actually sold it for the same amount i paid for it so in the end i lost nothing. Cheers for the advice i think i will wait a bit longer for a remaster now :thumbsup:

The Black cover with bullet holes on it yeah it was really grainy and the audio was poor i may just see if they release a remastered amaray version and swap the disc

Yep, thats the one.
The studios are really getting on my nerves with those tactics. I bet that even if they had a new master, they would still try to putt a few old versions in some releases... can't trust them.
Really have to check everytime before you buy nowadays. (which is hard when its limited)

Yeah i bought the first Robocop Steelbook and as soon as i heard the remaster coming out straight on ebay it went. I actually sold it for the same amount i paid for it so in the end i lost nothing. Cheers for the advice i think i will wait a bit longer for a remaster now :thumbsup:

Got the remastered Robocop steelbook for £6 when it was released on amazon.fr a few months ago. it was at £10 but also in the 2+1 deal at the same time.
That was a bargain.

Yep, thats the one.
The studios are really getting on my nerves with those tactics. I bet that even if they had a new master, they would still try to putt a few old versions in some releases... can't trust them.
Really have to check everytime before you buy nowadays. (which is hard when its limited)

Got the remastered Robocop steelbook for £6 when it was released on amazon.fr a few months ago. it was at £10 but also in the 2+1 deal at the same time.
That was a bargain.

Typical Warner Brother release aswell :(

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom