Terminator 2: Judgment Day (Zavvi Exclusive) (2D/3D Blu-ray Steelbook)

RedDevil85

Outstanding Member
Reaction score
Purchase link: Zavvi

Release date: 04/12/2017

t2-remastered-3d-jpg.886521

A BRAND NEW RESTORATION:

James Cameron’s epic action, sci-fi masterpiece starring Schwarzenegger in his most iconic role, has been stunningly restored by Cameron himself.

Extras:
  • NEW - T2: Reprogramming The Terminator documentary (including exclusive interviews with Arnold Schwarzenegger, James Cameron, Edward Furlong and many more)
  • 2 feature Commentaries; 23 members of Cast & Crew (1993)/ director James Cameron & co-author William Wisher
  • The making of T2 –1993
  • Seamless Branching of the Theatrical cut, Director’s Cut and Special extended edition
  • 2 Deleted Scenes with audio commentary
  • Trailers – NEW T2:3D trailer (2017) T2 theatrical trailer ‘This time there are two’/ ‘Same make new mission’/ Building the perfect Arnold

Attachments

• T2-Remastered-3D.jpg
    T2-Remastered-3D.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 2,733
  • T2-Remastered-3D (inside).jpg
    T2-Remastered-3D (inside).jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 293
Last edited:
Have Zavvi got any better with dispatching orders on time?

Is the 2-D the same master as the Skynet edition?

Might pick up the remastered disc when it's cheaper, much prefer the artwork from my Skynet addition.

Well that 3D logo front and spine kills it for me (that'll come as no surprise to any one!) and not interested in 3D anyway so think I'll just future proof myself and go for the 4K amaray.

i bet this will be awesome in 3D,orders in

Hmmm. If they'd included the 4K disc I might have gone for it but with this art and that price? Nah.
Not sure this is getting 4K release anytime soon also some older films do not benefit either from 4K unless they do a HDR pass & colour timing re-grade which is very expensive & time consuming on catalog titles but simple on new content.

I can take an educated guess T2 CGI was originally only finished in 1920x1080 so not sure 4K will make any difference if anything it would highlight the dated low res CGI. Cameron confirmed a few weeks ago he only fixed 1 shot (digital face replacement on the Arnie stunt double jumping on the motorbike into the storm drain when he is chasing John Connor). All the other dodgy looking FX shots like the man clearly in the silver suit in the steelworks fight & dodgy optical composites remain intact as they were in 1991!

Not sure this is getting 4K release anytime soon also some older films do not benefit either from 4K unless they do a HDR pass & colour timing re-grade which is very expensive & time consuming on catalog titles but simple on new content.

I can take an educated guess T2 CGI was originally only finished in 1920x1080 so not sure 4K will make any difference if anything it would highlight the dated low res CGI. Cameron confirmed a few weeks ago he only fixed 1 shot (digital face replacement on the Arnie stunt double jumping on the motorbike into the storm drain when he is chasing John Connor). All the other dodgy looking FX shots like the man clearly in the silver suit in the steelworks fight & dodgy optical composites remain intact as they were in 1991!

4K already up for preorder on Zavvi.

4K release coming out at the same time: Terminator 2: Judgment Day (Remastered) 4K UHD

Shame the steelbook doesn't come with the 4K UHD disc. Still I have my 4K on preorder. :)

A 4K or above master source does not exist so it will be an upscaled remaster for the 4K release.
A real 4K release won't be released any time soon.
However this remastered cut should be a big improvement in HD over the original release :smashin:

A 4K or above master source does not exist so it will be an upscaled remaster for the 4K release.
A real 4K release won't be released any time soon.
However this remastered cut should be a big improvement in HD over the original release :smashin:

It is a real 4K isn't it, they created one unless I'm not understanding it correctly?
The original 35mm negative was scanned and then restored in 4k at Deluxe L.A., under the supervision of Geoff Burdick, Lightstorm. The film was calibrated in 4k by Skip, James Cameron’s colorist, at Technicolor Hollywood, with a selection of the best 35mm prints from the film’s first release

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom