1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Terminator 2 - Judgement Day SE/UE (R1)

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by Reiner, Oct 14, 2001.

1. Reiner

Reiner

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    Just to clarify this: is it correct there are two versions with DTS, i.e. one SE and one UE (the latter in a box w/ 2 DVD)?

Any difference in the picture or sound quality or do I assume correctly that the SE is just the 1st disc from the UE (without the disc with the extras)?
    Since I am not so much into the extras I might be happy with the SE before spending more on the UE ...

[ 14-10-2001: Message edited by: Reiner ]

2. Confucius

Confucius

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +90
    The initial R1 release of T2 (October '97) was a DVD-9: just the standard theatrical version of the movie.

Last August it was released as T2 the ultimate edition in an aluminium slip case. At first it was planned to be a DVD-18 only release although I believe that in order to increase production (or production problems?) it was also available as a 2 x DVD-9 release. I have the latter, and as far as I know there is no difference in the packaging between the two (2 x DVD-9/1 x DVD-18), outwardly at least - the actual disc content is identical.

I think the only version available named as a 'special edition' was one of the many Laserdisc releases.

IMDb DVD

IMDb Laserdisc

[ 14-10-2001: Message edited by: Confucius ]

3. Dave H

Dave H

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +145
    i have the DVD 18 :D

4. Reiner

Reiner

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    I do have the first release but I am just a bit confused as www.dvdboxoffice.com list the UE and www.dvdempire.com only offers the SE.
    I had the UE in my hands yesterday but I don't think it was a aluminium case (just cardboard)!? May need to check again ... but if I can get the SE cheaper I will go for that.

Hm, just noticed when you click on the cover/back of the SE it clearly says UE, so it's most probably the same (without the extras) ...

5. Confucius

Confucius

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +90
    Just had a look at DVD Empire, that's the UE (incorrectly called SE by them).

Trust me! there is no (R1) DVD labeled as SE. I'm also pretty sure the original release is now discontinued.

The extras on the DVD-18 and 2 x DVD-9 UEs are identical.

6. Stuart Wright

Stuart Wright
    AVForums Founder Staff Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9,614
    See the news item on Total DVD dated 15th Oct.

7. Ars longa, vita brevis

Ars longa, vita brevis

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    wow, that ong ago. that's impressive

i'm pretty sure the original was pulled, although in saying that, in hmv you can still buy the original r2 se7en for £20 and get the new 2 disc dts one for a tenner, how odd. Perhaps i ought to say could as the offer may have ended with regard to that particular title.